PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the new chat

White95Max
01-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I, and others, have had many problems/complaints with the new chat room, including:

* No sound

* Can`t reply to chat PMs...you have to send a new one every time

* Can`t scroll up to view messages more than 16 posts old

* Each message lags for a couple seconds before posting. If you continue to type, the additional letters after hitting enter will add on to the previous post. BUT, when the message is actually posted, it only includes the letters typed BEFORE hitting enter. So the next message is missing several letters, or words.

* Messages sometimes disappear into thin air for no apparent reason. I had over a dozen messages get "lost" just tonight alone.

* Messages are posted twice occasionally.

At this point, I don`t see the new chat room as an "upgrade" from the last one. Are there additional upgrades for the new chat?

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2006, 11:01 PM
The only advantages to the new chat software seem to be that you don`t have to do a separate login, there is no login delay, and you don`t have to worry about being logged out if you go to another page.

There are no avatars, so it sometimes becomes confusing as to who is talking, although you can change the color of your text.

imported_truzoom
01-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey you guys wanna head over to Chotchkie`s? I really gotta get outta here.

White95Max
01-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Well the other advantage that I can think of is:

When you click "FORUM", you see who is currently in the chat room. I like that.

imported_Neothin
01-08-2006, 07:18 AM
If it would be possible, adding the avatars would be nice. I never even look at the names anymore, I just know that Maxy is the 8 ball, setec is the duck/monkey, norah is the smilie face, pontman is the red wings symbol, etc etc.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I like the fact that it loads immediately...........Ive had some issues with it myself. It very often times wont post what Ive written, or it wont include all the letters. I was so use to the other version, I actually like it better, for the simple task of "chattin".....No offense David, but this "polish is leaving some marring" !

Black240SX
01-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I`m disappointed with the new chat also. The old one wasn`t the best, but I believe I prefer it to the new one.

Black240SX
01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
We`re frequently having trouble with the new chat. Is there any chance of fixing it or replacing it?

White95Max
01-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Well, tonight`s total of chat messages that disappeared was 19. Just my posts of course...others lost many as well. This gets very annoying when you`re trying to hold a conversation.

I understand that I don`t pay for this chat or website, so my complaints can only be worth so much, but would it cost anything to just go back to the old chat?

cwcad
01-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Well I have one complaint on the old chat room....I could never bring it up to the screen to get involved.

At least the new one allows me to be involved if I choose to do so.

Super
01-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Autopia can install mIRC chat on ther server for more infor:

http://www.mirc.com/

http://www.irchelp.org/

Bill D
01-14-2006, 07:55 AM
The mods experienced this earlier this week as well. The search for yet another chat software is under way.

White95Max
01-14-2006, 03:19 PM
:woohoo: Good news!

White95Max
01-28-2006, 11:35 PM
The search for yet another chat software is under way.

Any news on this search? Is it not possible to just go back to the old chat software for the time being?

Pats300zx
01-29-2006, 05:30 AM
I think David is planning an upgrade soon. The chat software It will be incorporated as part of the new complete software upgrade for the forum.