PDA

View Full Version : new pc- sfx2/AIO/SG questions

imported_steveo3002
01-07-2006, 04:32 AM
okay ive just purchased a pc machine

my car is older (vw base/clear)with minor swirls that im hoping sfx-2 will take care off, but im also aware that the car is older and i dont want to have any thin paint issues

so, i was thinking sfx-2 once in spring by pc, then what?? AIO by hand or pc? wait 24hrs and SG by hand or pc??

i then have insulator wax or p21s to top with...which i then re-do every few weeks in nice weather

basicly im not sure if i need the sfx-2 at all?? would aio on the pc be okay instead? is that a good combo that i listed above? ive been using aio/sg/iw/p21 by hand but not used a pc or sfx2 before :o

DrSauekraut
01-07-2006, 04:45 AM
First off, SFX2 will remove fine swirls. Use a PC with a polishing pad.

Secondly, AIO will clean and protect. You can apply AIO after SFX2. AIO has the ability to conceal *minor* imperfections. Apply via hand or PC – it’s your choice. There’s no need to wait with SG after AIO. Though if you decide to add an additional coat of SG, it’s recommended you wait 24 hours.

Finally, top with whatever LSP you like.

Done.

Glossmaster
01-07-2006, 04:47 AM
The products you`ve mentioned should do the trick just fine. I think your choice of pads will aid in the effectiveness of the sfx-2. I like to follow up sfx-2 with a good finishing polish. AIO is a teriffic, non abrasive paint cleaner & it makes for an awesome base for just about any wax/sealant. As for AIO/SG by PC............I`ve always applied the Klasse Twins by hand. I now just use my PC for polishing/ paint correction.

imported_steveo3002
01-07-2006, 05:18 AM
well i have the sonus pads, orange,blue,green and a mf bonnet which of those should i use with the sfx-2

and i was probably going to remove the prodcut by hand..or are the bonnets okay??

DrSauekraut
01-07-2006, 06:07 AM
If I’m not mistaken, the Sonus pads and bonnets have specific instruction for use . . . I believe the green pad is ideal for swirl removers and light polishes. Removal by hand or bonnet is your choice. Some polishes can be difficult to remove (though not SFX2). That’s when I prefer to use a bonnet. Lightly spray the bonnet with a QD of choice and dial the PC to 3. It saves you frustration and the off-chance of excessive dust buildup in the MF.

Good luck :)

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2006, 07:54 AM
I would start with the SFX-2 on the green pad. If that isn`t removing the swirls, go to the orange pad, then go back to the green pad, and finish with the AIO on the blue pad (or the green, if you can clean it in between), then do the SG by hand. Probably I would do 2 or more layers of SG before topping it with the carnauba.