PDA

View Full Version : Another "KIT" kit winner!

GlossyTundra
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM
I just found out that I won the Kit gold package today! Does anyone have any experience with these products. I am interested to see how the tire shine performs. I am on a quest to find the perfect tire shine(after less than satisfactory results with mothers FX)

Brandon

wannafbody
01-06-2006, 10:24 AM
FX is good but needs to be reapplied often- the best tire shine is either Zaino or Tropicare non silicone tire treatment

96snake
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Its good for wheelwells. Has a very satin look to it.

Lorne

JustinR32
01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I like them. My analogy is that they are as if Chemical Guys products were available OTC. I did a bit of research on the manufacturer, it`s a solid product.

Good = the wash, the wax, the scratch remover. The wax contains no cleaners; it is a pure, layerable wax available OTC! It also looks great. I can`t say about the longevity, my car has been garaged for a while now.

Not so good = the wheel cleaner, the quick detailer. The QD is really a quick wax. The wheel cleaner is like all the other otc wheel cleaners, too mild to really be effective.

My take is that the Kit products represent outstanding value.

Although it`s slowly changing, OTC products sometimes take a real beating here. My experience is that it is completely unwarranted.

Tom