PDA

View Full Version : what glaze to use with menzerna polishes and souveran?

Pages : [1] 2

EdgeOfSanity
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I`m tempted to just order the menzerna glaze along with the 2 polishes, but is there something better you would suggest? This is going to be used primarily on a black car.

DM101
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I like Red Moose Glaze with Men. and Souv.

Bill D
01-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Depending on how you polish with the Menzerna polishes, there should be no need for a glaze. For example, Menzerna FP II finishes out to very clear and brilliant results but it will need,at minimum, a PC and some patience to work it completely out. Menzerna polishes are my choice and I then proceed to AIO ( occasionally), Wolfgang, and the top with Souveran. Incredible finish!

Rickrack
01-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I like Red Moose Glaze with Men. and Souv.

Same here.

EdgeOfSanity
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Depending on how you polish with the Menzerna polishes, there should be no need for a glaze. For example, Menzerna FP II finishes out to very clear and brilliant results but it will need,at minimum, a PC and some patience to work it completely out. Menzerna polishes are my choice and I then proceed to AIO ( occasionally), Wolfgang, and the top with Souveran. Incredible finish!

i will be doing all polishing with a pc

DM101
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
If you go Bill`s route I`d take out the AIO and add RMG and proceed............then you`ll have a incredible finish JMHO....

imported_flatstick
01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
[quote name=`Bill D`]Depending on how you polish with the Menzerna polishes, there should be no need for a glaze. For example, Menzerna FP II finishes out to very clear and brilliant results but it will need,at minimum, a PC and some patience to work it completely out.

I would second the post above. When using a PC an polishes such as FPII and PO106FF you do not need a glaze. I have used the Menzerna polishes on a bunch of cars and have never needed a glaze. on black the Menzerna polishes look great. good luck :xyxthumbs

Ron Harris
01-05-2006, 06:37 PM

I`m with bill on this.

If you do your prep and polish correctly the glaze is a waste of time. A true glaze was designed to hide imperfections in the finish.

I prefer the Optimum line though.

EdgeOfSanity
01-05-2006, 07:45 PM
[quote name=`Bill D`]Depending on how you polish with the Menzerna polishes, there should be no need for a glaze. For example, Menzerna FP II finishes out to very clear and brilliant results but it will need,at minimum, a PC and some patience to work it completely out.

I would second the post above. When using a PC an polishes such as FPII and PO106FF you do not need a glaze. I have used the Menzerna polishes on a bunch of cars and have never needed a glaze. on black the Menzerna polishes look great. good luck :xyxthumbs

thanks, i`ll skip the glaze step and just stick with the menzerna twins and souveran

EdgeOfSanity
01-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I`m with bill on this.

If you do your prep and polish correctly the glaze is a waste of time. A true glaze was designed to hide imperfections in the finish.

I prefer the Optimum line though.

i`ve been nothing less than impressed with what i`ve seen people do with menzerna on here.

imported_Neothin
01-05-2006, 08:47 PM
even after polishing the tC w/ 85RD, I followed up with two glazes. Call me crazy but I like the added wetness vs the brightness of no glazing.

TGates
01-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I almost always use a glaze under a carnauba (either VM, RMG, or #7) but never under a sealant.

OP/RMG/YCW/CMW was stunning on my dark blue metallic GTO.

imported_DennisH
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I almost always use a glaze under a carnauba (either VM, RMG, or #7) but never under a sealant.

OP/RMG/YCW/CMW was stunning on my dark blue metallic GTO.

I agree -- I think it adds another 5% to the looks.

DM101
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Like I keep saying this is the most underutilized step of detailing. No you don`t "need" to use a glaze but in more situations than not it does make a difference. Try RMG under Souv. or Natty`s Blue and see what happens..........

Aussie Muscle
01-09-2006, 04:37 AM
I have found one little trick myself over here in Australia that works very well, and that`s after applying any Menzerna product before sealing to go over the car with Zaino Z6. It takes that "sticky" feel off the Menzerna, and makes the application of the sealant easier too.

I normally use the Intensive Polish (PO91L) followed by the Final Finish Prestige OEM (PO85RD3), wipe over with the Z6 and then seal with which ever sealant I chose at the time.

Hope it helps :)