PDA

View Full Version : Hook `Em Horns!!!

Tasty
01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Way to go Texas! Finally Vince will get some love on the national level, and the USC media love affair can take a vacation. The better team won! What a freakin` game, the way it should be for the national title.

RCBuddha
01-04-2006, 11:37 PM
My congrats to UT, it was a great game!

pontman43
01-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Way to go Texas! Finally Vince will get some love on the national level, and the USC media love affair can take a vacation. The better team won! What a freakin` game, the way it should be for the national title.

hahaha, my aunt would hate you! She is a USC graduate.

cwcad
01-05-2006, 04:50 AM
Congratulations to Texas!

What a great game. Everyone on both teams should be proud. Watched on pins and needles as the game neared the end. Love the game of football for just such a game as I witnessed last nite. College football should be proud!

Super
01-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Both teams played well and at the end Texas got lucky. USC got to overconfident big mistake!

JustinR32
01-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Great game, too bad I didn`t stay awake to the end; east coast finish time around 12:30AM. For comparison`s sake, that`s the same as a 1 PM pro game ending at 5:30, or an hour and a half into the second game!

GREAT game aside, here`s what I didn`t like about the telecast:

The game didn`t START until 8:30.

A 45 minute halftime, at 10:30PM, consisting of marching bands playing 40-year-old Beatles tunes. Spare me. Have the bands play before or after the game. But don`t feed me that provincial bs about how it`s "for the kids". That era of college football was, well, 40 years ago. You want 45 minute halftimes with bands? Play the game on New Years Day in the afternoon.

There was a period at the end of the 3rd quarter/beginning of the 4th where it took 12 1/2 minutes for 6 seconds to tick off the game clock. I understand that they have to pay for the game somehow, but in the face of the first two items, I felt dissed as a viewer.

And then the Rose Bowl Co-ordinator came on, talking on interminably about the great tradition while the players were milling about on the field waiting for her to finish.... Lady, it`s 11:15PM! Shut up! Give your speech during the parade, when people who give a damn are watching!

Anyhow, I read about it this morning. Looks like it was a great finish, too bad for me I didn`t see it. Vince Young is going to be a great pro.

Tom