PDA

View Full Version : American Buffing Pads

RAG
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Anyone know were to buy these pads? I bought a dozen or so from Kleen Car but the site appears to be offline. When I both them, I asked for 3 of every pad they make - I got a white finessing pad, a blue polishing pad, a green light cut pad, and a yellow heavy cut pad. Unfortunately only the white and blue pads were 6.5; the others were 7" (too big, I think, for a 6" backing plate). I really like the blue pads. Also, these pads don`t seem to wear out and the velcro hasn`t come loose on me yet. I want more!

gbackus
01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
They are the same as Propel`s.

RAG
01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I thought they looked the same; in fact, I asked that very question (if they were the same) some time ago on this board and didn`t get a response. I`ll have to talk to Patrick at Excel and see if he can get me any of the 6.5", as I get too much splatter with the 7" pads (because the edges lift up when I apply pressure to the pad).

gbackus
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
The newer pads at Clean car(at least the green and blue, haven`t picked up any of the others) are the same as the Propel 2`s.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Clean car /?????????

gbackus
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
/?????????

Sorry, should be Kleen Car, I`ll pm you the adress.

Ron Harris
01-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Kevin from Kleen car is the one who worked with David at Optimum to develop the Optimum Polish.

He also writes articles for Auto Laundry. He really knows his stuff.

imported_Denzil
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Never heard of these pads...

RAG
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
That`s correct. I had a long conversation with Keven at Kleen Car...and he really does know his stuff. It`s funny, I ordered a bunch of pads from him and was pretty bummed on the fact that some of the ones he sent me were 7" and not 6.5"...come to find out he doesn`t like the 7" either and feels the same way I do - there should be at most 1/4" of overhang per side (between the backing plate and pad). He now as the newer designed pads with the perferated edges - you can get them at Excel Detail too. Though I`m not sure how much difference the sliced-edge concept will actually make, I can say that these pads are made from the best materials I`ve come across.

Also, according to Kevin, you can wash and dry these just as you do your microfiber towels. Apparently it has no negative affect on longevity either. I tried it today after buffing a car out and worked great - this is what I`ll be doing from now on - washing and drying them by hand is a real pain!

a.k.a. Patrick
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I would never consider using a machine to wash and dry them..........

RAG
01-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I guess I wouldn`t have considered it either. Has anyone actually tried it for an extended period of time and found it to prematuraly äge"the pads? Even if it did wear them out a little faster, hand washing a dozen pads at a time is one of my least desired tasks in detailing. If dryed on low, velco separation won`t be an issue (especially with these pads).

a.k.a. Patrick
01-05-2006, 11:37 PM
DENZ where have you been ?? LTNS ....

Ryan, Im just not comfortable washing and drying via a laundry center......BUT, i understand your dilemna......I seriously doubt any pad manufacturer/distrib will honor the warranty though....It would be like promising a years protection from a Nuba........