PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever mixed polishes ?

mpmiller37
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever mixed polishes. For example suppose I liked the results of IP and the working time of #80, could the 2 be mixed during aplication or does this lead to problems ?

imported_Neothin
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I`ve mixed Optimum Polish and Optimum compound and used it to great success. I can see this working because both the polish and the compound are made by the same company... I don`t know if mixing brand would work.

Setec Astronomy
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Yow! I have heard of people mixing the various Optimum polishes to get an "in-between", but even polishes in the same series from the same manufacturer can have different working principles (Meg`s 80-series). I think it would be a long shot that different brands could be mixed with good results...unless of course you`re in that other thread where all the products come from the same plant...

SpoiledMan
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
You may come up with a miracle product and you may come up with a rotten egg. I would like to think that the different abrasives will break down differently with different the different lubrication that the products are likely to have. Make sense?

(OT) I don`t think anyone indicated in the other thread that *all* the products come from the same plant but there`s clearly a number of rebottled goods out there. (Back to topic)