PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars-3M Product Ust

Bradley
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
:work:

Aloha from Hawaii. I recently saw some pictures of an auto that one of you did and I can not locate the thread. The products used were as follows:

Meguiars #85 Diamond Cut

Meguiars #83 Dual Action CLeaner/Polish (DACP)

3M PI-III MG (Perfect-It III Show Car Machine Glaze)

1Z MP

Meguiars GC (new formula)

OCW

Please advise if the above can be applied with a PC orbital

What is 1Z MP, Meguirs GC, and OCW????

I was soooo impressed with the results that the mystery detailer had that I copied their products and order of application.

Please advise!!!!

RAG
01-02-2006, 10:07 PM
You can/should not use #85 with a PC. GC = Gold Class. 1Z Metalic Polish. Good results can be achieved with a thousand differnt combinations - there is no magic products or combination of products.

ceiol
01-02-2006, 10:21 PM
:work:

Aloha from Hawaii. I recently saw some pictures of an auto that one of you did and I can not locate the thread. The products used were as follows:

Meguiars #85 Diamond Cut

Meguiars #83 Dual Action CLeaner/Polish (DACP)

3M PI-III MG (Perfect-It III Show Car Machine Glaze)

1Z MP

Meguiars GC (new formula)

OCW

Please advise if the above can be applied with a PC orbital

What is 1Z MP, Meguirs GC, and OCW????

I was soooo impressed with the results that the mystery detailer had that I copied their products and order of application.

Please advise!!!!

(1) There are guys on this board with immense talents -- and the final look of the car really is 90% preparation of the surface and 10% product selection. I could use the same products and not get the same results as some of these pros.

Megs GC = Gold Class Line of Products.

OCW = Optimum Car Wax -- a spray-on wax that works great

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-19076222300531_1876_1140586

1Z MP = Einszett 1Z Metallic Polish

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-19076222300531_1875_448132

scottabir
01-02-2006, 10:45 PM
I believe that post was made by epbcivic...here ya go... http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65814

Tanat198
01-02-2006, 10:49 PM
It really depends on your car`s conditions. There`s no need for Diamond Cut if you only have minor swirls. DACP with PC can produce great surface prep already. You can follow that with 2 coats of MG GoldClass wax. There are tons of combinatin you can use to produce a show car finish. You just have to find what works best for you and your car.

Accumulator
01-03-2006, 11:22 AM
[More of Accumulator`s misc. ramblings follow: ]

Which is not to say that some products aren`t generally better (ugh, that`s a bad word to use here... what`s "better" mean in this context :o ).

The PI-III MG is a truly great, very versatile product that`s getting hard to find. Ditto for the Pro version of 1Z MP, which is (was?) unique in its combination of abrasives and whatever glaze/synthetic wax it left behind.

In the case of the Cayenne and the Solstice, even a detailer of ebpcivicsi`s abilities would`ve been stuck at an impasse without, in this case, the PI-III MG. Sometimes, albeit very rarely, you *need* a particular product to get a particular result under particular circumstances.

Heh heh, and on another thread I just posted that most people only need #80 and a wax! It really is all relative and dependent on the situation at hand.