PDA

View Full Version : Vroom Ultra MF

Pages : [1] 2

Tasty
01-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Has anyone used these towels. They are the grey Vroom towels that come in a 2 pack at Target. They appear to be quite plush, and very soft. I am tempted to test them out because they seem like one of the nicer OTC towels I have seen out there.

imported_mosborn9
01-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Are you referring to the polishing cloths?

I`ve got a whole bag full I`ve not tried yet:

2 MF polishing cloths 14x14 (grey & yellow; I bought the yellow)

2 MF detailing cloths 14x14 (blue)

5 MF towels 14x14 (white multi-purpose)

ww absorbent drying towel 3.19 sq. ft (orange)

They didn`t appear to be terribly expensive, so I thought I`d give them a try.

Tasty
01-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Maybe that`s what I meant. I couldn`t find the exact product online so I had to remember as best I could from the other day. Actually, I couldn`t find anything Vroom online on the Target site.

Sherman8r44
01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
I believe you`re talking about the "Detailing Cloths", because the "polishing cloths" are microsuede. I have the five-pack of the detailing cloths, and I have to say that they are probably my favorite paint towels. They are very soft and plush, and they never cause harm to paint. IMO a steal for $6. The only downsides are that they are rather small (only like 12"x12") and they curl up a little in the dryer.

MtnDew
01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Has anyone used these towels. They are the grey Vroom towels that come in a 2 pack at Target. They appear to be quite plush, and very soft. I am tempted to test them out because they seem like one of the nicer OTC towels I have seen out there.

I also saw these towels at Target the other day. They were grey and come in a 2 pack for $3.99. They felt thicker, softer, and more plush than the regular Vroom towels in the 5 pack for $5.99. If I recall correctly, I don`t think that they were the polishing towels.

Malachi71
01-09-2006, 01:24 PM
I believe you`re talking about the "Detailing Cloths", because the "polishing cloths" are microsuede. I have the five-pack of the detailing cloths, and I have to say that they are probably my favorite paint towels. They are very soft and plush, and they never cause harm to paint. IMO a steal for $6. The only downsides are that they are rather small (only like 12"x12") and they curl up a little in the dryer.

Which one would be best used to remove wax, "Detailing" or "Polishing" cloths?

machboy
01-09-2006, 01:55 PM

Detailing.

I just bought some of their Ultra Plush Detailing cloths. They are blue and come in a two pack. Seriously plush stuff here. Really nice product.

One question....any used those Microsuede cloths? They are much different than anything i`ve seen.

3Dog
01-09-2006, 02:42 PM
I use MF suede to remove sealants that dry...such as FMJ

Sherman8r44
01-09-2006, 06:01 PM

"Detailing" for most waxes, but the microsuede "Polishing" for sealants that dry and leave a film of sorts (like 3Dog).

Machboy--I have used the microsuede cloths. They are interesting, and they do quite well for sealants that are applied thin and dry, not regular wax residue. They are a one-trick pony in that respect; there really isn`t anything else to use them for.

Malachi71
01-10-2006, 06:21 AM
"Detailing" for most waxes, but the microsuede "Polishing" for sealants that dry and leave a film of sorts (like 3Dog).

Machboy--I have used the microsuede cloths. They are interesting, and they do quite well for sealants that are applied thin and dry, not regular wax residue. They are a one-trick pony in that respect; there really isn`t anything else to use them for.

I kind of thought that I bought the wrong cloth for the wrong application. I bought the Microsuede polishing cloth before inquiring here as to which cloth to buy for wax removal.

Since I already have them, would the Microsuede Polishing Cloth work well for cleaning windows or interior vinyl, such as applying 303 to the dash?

Setec Astronomy
01-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I believe there is a supplier that recommends the microfiber suede for glass.

Malachi71
01-10-2006, 06:39 AM
I also saw these towels at Target the other day. They were grey and come in a 2 pack for $3.99. They felt thicker, softer, and more plush than the regular Vroom towels in the 5 pack for $5.99. If I recall correctly, I don`t think that they were the polishing towels.

Quote from Machboy "I just bought some of their Ultra Plush Detailing cloths. They are blue and come in a two pack. Seriously plush stuff here. Really nice product."

What gets a little confusing about Vroom`s MF is deciding which one to buy.

They`ve got the:

Grey 2 pack for $3.99

Blue 2 pack for $3.99 (Maybe the grey and blue are the same?)

5 pack for $5.99

12 pack for $7.99

So many choices...

Malachi71
01-10-2006, 06:53 AM
I believe there is a supplier that recommends the microfiber suede for glass.

Well that`s good news. Would they be fine to use to wipe down the dash and other interior vinyl or leather or do I need to use the plush MF?

Setec Astronomy
01-10-2006, 06:59 AM
Really, it`s whatever works for you. I find that for wiping down dust interiors, it`s best to use something that has some nap to hold the dust, but if you are applying protectant, I imagine the suede type would work. Give it a try and let us know how it works.

Sherman8r44
01-10-2006, 07:23 AM
What makes identifying all the Vroom towels is that the same towels come in different colors, too! The microsuede will be tough to use on glass, too, because it doesn`t absorb that much liquid and it doesn`t trap dirt all that well.