PDA

View Full Version : Funniest things you hear people say about Auto Detailing!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Focusedonsound
02-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I think my favorite is "Your not suposed to Wax or polish Clear coated Cars"

joyriide1113
02-09-2005, 02:08 PM
lol... ive heard that. especially from my girlfriedns stepdad. he said that i cant use my pc on his car because it has a clearcoat. but claims that my car doesnt have one even tho is a 04` mini cooper.. go figure.

the best is when uve been working on it for an hour and they come out surprised at the fact that u`re still doing it...

people just dont understand...

Bill D
02-09-2005, 02:11 PM
I just brush aside the "you sicko" comments. I let the shiny,prestine car doing all the talking for me :bigups

JaredPointer
02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
"You`re gonna polish the paint off that car!" Haha.....funny......

What I usually try to do is inform the poeple who say that about what it is I am actually doing. I do have a couple of friends who are offering to pay me for my services now though....friends who use to say stuff about how I was wasting my time. Go figure.

rabbi
02-09-2005, 03:01 PM
The one I hear most is I`m going to take the paint off the car.
Another one is "are you still working on that thing?It looked good two hours ago!"

cwcad
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=JaredPointer]"You`re gonna polish the paint off that car!" Haha.....funny......

JaredPointer took the words right out of my minds eye as i was reading the previous posts to this tread.

although i never hear what they are saying... i have neighbors that go by everyday when i am working on my pickup. as they are passing they wave but they are shaking there head, also. having not been into detailing very long, i know what i was saying when i went by someone that was detailing an already nice and shiny car. of course i cannot say it on this thread.

truzoom
02-09-2005, 04:00 PM
The guy across the street from me is always saying "You`ll wash the paint right off your truck!"

This made me wonder, was there ever a time in automotive paint history that washing and polishing and waxing was just not good for the paint?

GregCavi
02-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Well

- I dont have any scratches or spider webing on my car.

- (about a detailed car) you must wax that everynight.

- It looked clean when u started.

- I can get my car looking that good at the car wash for 5 bucks.

There are to many to list!!

Greg

klnyc
02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
"Dang, didnt you just washed you car last weekend?"
"You waxed soo much. You going take out some paint"

G35stilez
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
My car is new, it doesn`t need to be waxed.

Bill D
02-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Sometimes it`s just the looks, of utter astonishment, maybe even uneasiness :naughty people may give. Take the phone book delivery man who stumbled across me polishing my mufflers: all he saw was a pair of legs sticking out from under the car :D I can`t quite describe the look he gave but I`m sure he`ll remember me for a long time :bigups

GregCavi
02-09-2005, 07:44 PM
My car is new, it doesn`t need to be waxed.

O so true. Or my paint doesnt have any problems.

Greg

TW85
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
"May I recommend you go talk to a very nice lady I know about your problem?" when I was spotted applying wax for the nth time in a month.

GregCavi
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I thought of another one. From the Ford Dealership owner.

tells me that waxing over a dirt and dust covered car adds grit to the wax and that looks better

EEEK

Greg

pappy
02-09-2005, 09:53 PM
your car isnt as shiny as mine......or
that car isnt that clean