PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna P0106FF

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mikeyc
01-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Just sent an email to CMA asking a couple of questions about this polish because I noticed they have it back in stock now. Interesting reply I received.

My email:

Hello,

I was on your website earlier and I noticed that the "add to cart" button has been re-activated for Menzerna PO106FF. Does this mean that you now have it back in stock? Also, I have a general question about PO106FF. What is the shelf life of this polish? A 32 oz. bottle would last me quite some time as I do not detail professionally. Since one bottle is $50 I would hate to have it "go bad" after a year or so. Thanks for your help.

Michael R. Cohen

Reply:

Hi Michael,

Yes, this product was back in stock on Dec 31st. Shelf life is indefinite if it does not freeze. All car care manufacturers give their chemical products a one year shelf life but in reality, all products will last much longer. I’ve had polishes on the shelf for years and never had any problem.

We will also have a 16 oz version of this polish available under our Blackfire Label in about 3 weeks. PO106FF was designed for use on the assembly line when the paint has not fully cured. Menzerna is modifying their PO106FF for us with extra lubrication for the aftermarket. This will allow the enthusiast to polish longer before the polish itself starts to dry. We’ll have this new polish in 16 oz containers. I don’t have a firm price yet because the product has not arrived but it should be around $25.00.

I didn’t want you to invest $50. Only to find out that a better product is on the way in a smaller container for 1/2 the price.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Happy new year!

Terry Freiberg

Classic Motoring Acc

imported_Neothin
01-02-2006, 12:16 PM
My bottle of 85RD gives the same 1 year shelf life. I would wait a few weeks and try out the new blackfire 106FF personally. My 32oz`s of 85RD is going to take forever to get rid of lol, having a 16oz container would be great.

SpoiledMan
01-02-2006, 12:20 PM
The shelf life thing is pretty much what I got from Menzerna USA.

Mikeyc
01-02-2006, 12:23 PM
The shelf life thing is pretty much what I got from Menzerna USA.

Yeah. I actually found the part about the Blackfire products which are actually the same thing but in 16 oz sizes more interesting.

SpoiledMan
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, that kind of takes us into another active thread eh?

imported_Neothin
01-02-2006, 12:34 PM
We`ve known about Menzerna and Blackfire being together for a while though.... right? I swear I could remember reading somewhere weeks/months ago about that...

Mikeyc
01-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I think I remember hearing about it before, but I was given an estimated release date which I thought was interesting as well. Blackfire is made by CMA and some of the Menzerna USA products are also made by CMA (FMJ, Wheel Cleaner, probably a couple others). So, I had known CMA was "in bed" with Menzerna. This is why when I had a question about the polish I emailed them.

Spilchy
01-02-2006, 01:17 PM
If anyone is interested in a full unopened bottle of Blackfire version 2, I have it for sale in a bundle with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser and Pinncale Shampoo - CHEAP! I include 3 free MF`s too! It`s in the Trading Post thread.

I never knew of this upcoming Blackfire / Menzerna type of connection. It`ll be interesting to see the description on the polish. I like his honesty and willingness to tell about the tweaked formula at a cheaper price point to help out those who couldn`t afford $50.

Nice post Mikeyc.

Mikeyc
01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Another item of note is that I was on the CMA website and saw Blackfire Clay Cleaner. Basically you spray the clay, rub it a little, then rinse it off and some of the contaminants come off so that the clay will last longer and you don`t have to re-mold as much. I`ll have to order some when I get those new Blackfire polishes.

3Dog
01-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I have posted at different places probably 10 different times about these changes based on a 30 min coversation with CMA.

Mikeyc
01-02-2006, 02:48 PM
I have posted at different places probably 10 different times about these changes based on a 30 min coversation with CMA.

Sorry if this was a re-post of something you already wrote. I don`t read every post on Autopia and I only remembered seeing one other on this subject. Also, I didn`t recall anyone mentioning some of the details that I have like the sizes and approximate availability. Also, I thought the bit about shelf life was useful as well.

3Dog
01-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry if this was a re-post of something you already wrote. I don`t read every post on Autopia and I only remembered seeing one other on this subject. Also, I didn`t recall anyone mentioning some of the details that I have like the sizes and approximate availability. Also, I thought the bit about shelf life was useful as well.

Not saying you did a bad thing...meant if you do a blackfire/menzerna search you will find some of the info.

JeffM
01-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Youre really going to buy clay cleaner?

gmblack3
01-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Youre really going to buy clay cleaner?

:har: :lol I agree 100%

Accumulator
01-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, bearing in mind that I probably use a more "clay-centric" detailing regimen than anybody else, I can`t imagine cleaning my clay. I just can`t see a way to "clean" abrasive grit out of a sticky substance like clay and if that little bit of grit works its way to your paint you`ll get marring.

Clay`s a renewable resource- use it up and get more. This reminds me of people cleaning out and reusing vacuum cleaner bags :rolleyes: