PDA

View Full Version : What`s your favorite light polish with fillers

Pages : [1] 2

RAG
01-01-2006, 07:42 PM
What`s your favorite light-duty polish with fillers?

For me, it`s #9. With a rotary it removes light swirls (helps fill deeper swirls), is easy to work with, does not dust, and leaves a wet look matched by very few polishes. Also, it`s mild enough that I can use with a rotary and plolishing pad on a black car and leave not halograms. I`m usually OTC-phobic, but I keep going back to this stuff for certain tasks and it keep performing as desired. For many jobs I don`t have enough time to polish, glaze, & seal, yet I want fillers and the glazed look - in this case I find myslef wanting a polish with fillers...inevitably leading me to #9, then I seal.

Admittingly, I haven`t usued #80 but might have to give it a try.

imported_Neothin
01-01-2006, 07:45 PM
VM and/or RMG. Though I don`t use them for their polishing abilities...

RAG
01-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I too love RMG, but was thinking of something with a little more polish/cut. RMG is an excellent glaze with fillers and I`ve actually been able to remove the lightest of rotary halograms with it, but I still wouldn`t call it a polish. Haven`t used VM yet.

imported_Neothin
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
scottwax uses VM alot to get out light swirling and for glazing. it should have significantly more cut than RMG.

wannafbody
01-01-2006, 08:29 PM
#9 will make neglected finishes look very good. If you`re using a carnauba its a great choice. I wouldn`t reccomend it for a sealant tho.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Vanilla Moose.............

EdLancer
01-01-2006, 09:18 PM
#80 for a one step or Aurora 3000 Glaze.

Scottwax
01-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Vanilla Moose. With a Meguiars polishing pad or a green Propel pad, it will remove light defects. Just crank the PC to 6 and go town. It does have some filling properties too so even if you have moderate defects, it will help reduce and then fill them.

imported_hadboosttroy
01-01-2006, 10:25 PM
#9, it fills very well.

RAG
01-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I guess I`ll have to try some VM.

Wannafboy, are you saying not to use #9 with a sealant because of the oils it lays down? I haven`t noticed any bonding issues, but maybe I`ll have to do a side by side comparison of a given sealant over #9 vs. another polish and see if I notice any difference.

Thanks.

SpoiledMan
01-01-2006, 11:39 PM
RAG, I have a good amount of VM on hand. You have anything you would like to trade for it? If not, you can also buy some off me and get it pretty quick. I just have to much for how often I use it.

Alfisti
01-02-2006, 05:31 AM
1Z MP for me with fillers.

FPII without fillers.

I prefer both over #9.

wannafbody
01-02-2006, 08:02 AM
I guess I`ll have to try some VM.

Wannafboy, are you saying not to use #9 with a sealant because of the oils it lays down? I haven`t noticed any bonding issues, but maybe I`ll have to do a side by side comparison of a given sealant over #9 vs. another polish and see if I notice any difference.

Thanks.

#9 *MIGHT* cause some problems with some sealants in regard to bonding.

percynjpn
01-02-2006, 08:32 AM
[quote name=`Alfisti`]1Z MP for me with fillers.

QUOTE]

I also think MP is superior to #9 for that purpose

Spilchy
01-02-2006, 08:39 AM
FPII without fillers

It`s my understanding that FPII does contain fillers and the old version of FP does NOT contain fillers. I have it as well as the old IP for sale in the trading post ;)

I use #80 and VM.