PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Having A Special Drink Today?

Pages : [1] 2

Wasatch
01-01-2006, 12:58 PM
I`m having a AleSmith Horny Devil to start the new year right, lol It`s a Belgian Strong Pale Ale at 11% ABV, 750ml bottle. Has a tangy orange, coridander taste with a hint of alcohol, very nice. Anyone else?

stilez
01-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Went with Ketel One Apple Martini`s last night, but I had one too many :(.

Today is surely a recovery day...Maybe some K1 and sparkling lemonade later or an Amstel Light.

Wasatch
01-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Cool, hope you feel better Sean, lol Anyone else that`s still breathing, lol

stilez
01-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Feeling much better John, thanks...

I`m changing my previous statement...I`ll be having a glass of Yellow Tail Cab with my beef, bacon, and portobello mushroom pinwheels :drool:

Oh yeah, I always relay your beer names to my beer "snob" buddies. They surely appreciate others who like their more rare beers.

RCBuddha
01-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I had a mixture of OJ, pomengranate, and a little champagne to get me going this morning...

Accumulator
01-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Accumulatorette and I always abstain for the first six weeks of the year. Sorta balances out what we do during the *last* six weeks of the year :D

I can`t recall the last time I had a hangover, those fish oil supplements seem to render me immune to them as long as I stay hydrated.

stilez
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Accumulator: Could you elaborate on the fish oil supplements? If a link to it is easier, just post it up.

Thanks.

DrSauekraut
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Nothing special, just the usual - Jack on the rocks ;)

Accumulator
01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Accumulator: Could you elaborate on the fish oil supplements? If a link to it is easier, just post it up.

Thanks.

No link handy, sorry. It`s OmegaRX from Zone Labs. You should be able to find them on the `net. There are other good sources, just make sure it`s pharmateutical grade stuff (fish are ingesting all sorts of nasty stuff these days). It takes a while for it to give any benefits, but it`s lowered my wife`s LDL cholesterol and had other health benefits. She doesn`t get much hangover protection from it, and it`s not like you can drink a fifth of cheap whiskey and not feel anything the next day ;) but I`m sold on the stuff. Warning, it isn`t cheap. I take 8 grams/day.

stilez
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks Accumulator. I will look into it :).

Wasatch
01-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, I`m a beer snob, lol

imported_Neothin
01-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I had an absolute vodka martini up at midnight... but shhhh, don`t tell the law :P

ceiol
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I`m a day late, but I just enjoyed a couple of dirty vodka martinis. (swirl a little dry vermouth in a shaker and toss it out -- you`re left with just enough to coat the walls, then add two shots of Ketel One vodka, two teaspoons of the watery brine from the olives, ice, and shake 20x, then pour into a martini glass and garnish with three olives -- the kind with bleu cheese stuffed in them.)

Two of those, and I`m happy.

I couldn`t drink last night because the cops always set up that sobriety check-point near my house. I only had 7-up last night to avoid any problems.

stilez
01-01-2006, 08:06 PM
ceiol: Sounds like an excellent mix. I`ve never had a straight up martini (just vodka), always mixed or in cocktail form. However, I`m a big fan of Ketel One. I will put the vermouth on my list to buy as well as olives. Thanks :).

Scottwax
01-01-2006, 08:36 PM
I don`t drink, just really don`t care for the taste of alcohol so I had my usual bottled water and a few caffiene free Diet Cokes. :)