PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Gaurd Sealant Cleaner

JaredPointer
02-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I have gotten a bottle of this stuff in every single Toyota I have ever bought, but I have never really used it. Out of curiosity my question is this: what exactly is it? A sealant? A cleaner? An all in one product? The label says "sealant cleaner" and does mention that it "contains petroleum distillates." Does anyne have any insight on this stuff or has anyone ever used it? Thanks DC!!

BigTwin
02-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah, glad you asked...I just bought a couple of "Toys" and got a bottle with each...wondering what it really is....

JaredPointer
02-10-2005, 08:54 AM
I guess no one knows what I`m talking about. :dunno :dunno

CharlesW
02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
I guess no one knows what I`m talking about. :dunno :dunnoJared, I usually don`t know what I am talking about, let alone figuring you out.
I have no idea what the product is or who makes it, but I`m pretty sure that I have read where Meguiar`s makes and private labels some products for car manufacturers. Chances are that Toyota has some type of arrangement with a manufacturer of a cleaner/sealant.

Charles

JaredPointer
02-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks Charles. I figure I might try it out (on a friends car :) ) and see what the deal is. Maybe it`s junk, maybe it`s a great find. Who knows??

CharlesW
02-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks Charles. I figure I might try it out (on a friends car :) ) and see what the deal is. Maybe it`s junk, maybe it`s a great find. Who knows??Probably won`t be junk, but I doubt that it will be a great find. Could be a great product, but it`s most likely going to pretty expensive from your Toyota dealer.:) (No DC discount:D)

Charles

gbackus
02-11-2005, 01:22 AM
I know who makes it, but don`t know if I`m allowed to say or not. So I will just say that it`s a very good polymer based cleaner/wax. It can be used by rotary or orbital(5-6 on a pc) to remove minor defects, or as a final sealant by hand or orbital(speed 2-3 on the PC).

travisdecpn
02-11-2005, 01:33 AM
cleaner sealant? sounds like NXT to me. Does it smell or look like anything familiar?

gbackus
02-11-2005, 01:42 AM
cleaner sealant? sounds like NXT to me. Does it smell or look like anything familiar?

It is not NXT.

travisdecpn
02-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Haha, I was just kidding, playing off the idea that it got branded as a sealant

JaredPointer
02-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Ironically, yes it does. Without the "odor." But the color and consistency look almost the same. I am going to give it a go tomorrow. I have a friend who wants his Tundra detailed, so I am gonna try it on a panel and see what I think.

gbakcus: If you could PM me the info I would appreciate it. :)