PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Restoration

NMIKA
02-08-2005, 07:31 PM
i work at peace country honda, its a small honda dealership in peace river alberta. in our showroom we always end up with a few scuff marks and smudges that a regular cleaner or polish won`t get rid of. is there any resonably priced products on the market that i can use to take care of the plastic on our atv`s and dirt bikes??? some some sort of plastic revitalizer???????

CharlesW
02-08-2005, 11:24 PM
The owner of a large Honda dealership in this area is a good friend of mine.
I`ll ask him what they use on the units on display. I will be having breakfast with him Friday AM, so I should know then.

Charles

NMIKA
02-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Thank You I Would Really Appreciate It.

NMIKA
02-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Is There A Product Out There For Restoring Plastic On Atv`s, Motorcycles, Etc. When It Gets Slightly Scuffed Or Minor Smudges And Scratches????

Jngrbrdman
02-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Its called "sandpaper". :D If you scratch plastic then there is no liquid that is going to restore it. You have to sand it down. If its textured plastic then you are going to end up with a smooth spot.

The Fuzz
02-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Please don`t double post the same question. I have merged your threads together since you are basically asking the same thing. There is a link at the top marked "new posts". That is how members view posts around here. Posting the same thing in multiple forums doesn`t make your post any more viewable. People will see it regardless of where you post it.

CharlesW
02-09-2005, 02:46 PM
i work at peace country honda, its a small honda dealership in peace river alberta. in our showroom we always end up with a few scuff marks and smudges that a regular cleaner or polish won`t get rid of. is there any resonably priced products on the market that i can use to take care of the plastic on our atv`s and dirt bikes??? some some sort of plastic revitalizer???????It so happens I was driving by the Honda place and stopped to check on what they use.
Motul Shine & Go is their product of choice. You can get some information Here (http://www.motorspot.com/Shine&Go_8188_(GB).PDF).
It appears to be primarily a cosmetic thing. They use it on new or used dirt bikes and ATV`s. It looks good, but it is just leaving a shine, not removing anything. Their feeling is that the only time a dirt bike or ATV is pristine is when it is brand new, so the scuffs don`t concern them much. They did demonstrate it for me and it does make new or used, textured or smooth plastic look pretty good, but the scuffs are still there. They just shine, now. It is unlikely it has any long term benefit.

Charles

budman3
02-09-2005, 03:15 PM
A couple of months ago there was a thread about ATV detailing and such. There were some really good tips there. I pulled up the thread for you to check out. I use a product called `Plastic Renew`. It is described in this thread but its just a sanding process and a top coat of some glossy product. Check it out and good luck!

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=7634