PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these products for new car

ramhunter24
12-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Just bought a new 2006 Chrysler 300C that is Brilliant Black that has metallic flakes in it. After doing some reading here... my thoughts are to purchase the following for use with the PC 7424:

Ex-p

Nattys Blue

VM

RMG

new propel P2 pads -

quick detailer - clearkote??? still not sure

clay bar - not sure

Currently have Menzerna Twins.... Thinking of getting Menzerna 106FF.. Any thoughts or other recommendations on the above upcoming purchase??? I have run out of the Zaino and want to try something different that really makes the black & flakes look stick out and the black wet and never ending.

Any help/thoughts is greatly appreciated. :waxing:

Scottwax
12-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Everything you mentioned would look good, the Werkstatt twins would also work well.

RobD
12-30-2005, 06:38 AM
I second Scottwax`s comment. I currently have three coats of AJ on my car (over AIO) and it looks real nice. There`s a small learning curve with AJ but otherwise it`s user friendly. Here`s the short version...use very little product (thin, thin coats), work it in a little till it clears, then remove whatever`s left.

imported_NHBFAN
12-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Not sure if both VM and RMG is necessary. I think the consensus now favors RMG, but you may want to do a search.

imported_Neothin
12-30-2005, 08:28 AM
I do notice a difference between RMG and VM by themselves and when both are used. IIRC, Richt also likes using both. With those products you can build a combo strikingly similar to my own :D It`s very deep and wet. If that`s what your going for, I recommend it highly.

for a QD spray, I prefer clearkote`s quikshine. Cleans well and enhances the slickness of the paint noticably.

For clay, the 10 dollar clay magic kit from an autoparts store is fine.

01bluecls
12-30-2005, 08:28 AM
I would consider Klasse AIO for a light cleaner/polish then maybe a nice carnuaba like S100/P21S or even Souveran since your car is black and if you want to spring the money.