PDA

View Full Version : zpc isnt doing it for me

Pages : [1] 2

EdgeOfSanity
12-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I just got to try out my new pc with zpc and its not working like i hoped. I`m using it with a white sonus pad on a pc speed 6. Its removing the most of the swirls but its not getting the deeper ones at all. Do i move to a sonus yellow pad or do i need to go with a different polish? I can take pics if it would help.

imported_hadboosttroy
12-29-2005, 06:05 PM
try a cutting pad

cwcad
12-29-2005, 06:11 PM
It must be a Sonus Sfx pad. try the yellow pad, if that is what you have. If you saw results with the white pad you will see more results using a more aggressive pad. Just go slow checking your progress often. The yellow pad is a cutting pad. Good LUCK!!

EdgeOfSanity
12-29-2005, 06:49 PM
It must be a Sonus Sfx pad. try the yellow pad, if that is what you have. If you saw results with the white pad you will see more results using a more aggressive pad. Just go slow checking your progress often. The yellow pad is a cutting pad. Good LUCK!!

Thanks for the help. The white pad was only getting out the minor swirls, i switched over to the yellow pad but it didnt do much better at first. Then i realized i wasnt working the polish long enough. Works great now.

EdgeOfSanity
12-29-2005, 06:51 PM
One other thing, is zpc supposed to dust really bad? I`ve got green dust over every square inch of my car.

imported_flatstick
12-29-2005, 06:57 PM
One other thing, is zpc supposed to dust really bad? I`ve got green dust over every square inch of my car.

Yes ZPC does dust a bit more than I would like. you will be doing a Z6 or QD wipedown before your LSP right ? that will remove the dust and get you ready for your LSP. as long as there is not hazing from your cutting pad " get er done "

cwcad
12-29-2005, 07:16 PM

It has been my experience that if I am gettin a lot of dust that I have either a loaded pad that needs to be rinsed and cleaned or I have used to much product.

An 1/8th in. line around the pad to start. That amount should be able to cover not quite one half of hood. After the first pass with ZPC use only a small amount. For me I try to apply a dollop the size of a nickle after the first line that charges the pad.

Others may do it different but this has proved effective for me. Causing minimal dusting.

EdgeOfSanity
12-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Yes ZPC does dust a bit more than I would like. you will be doing a Z6 or QD wipedown before your LSP right ? that will remove the dust and get you ready for your LSP. as long as there is not hazing from your cutting pad " get er done "

thats probably a good idea, i was thinking about just hosing it then drying again since my black car is now lime green.

EdgeOfSanity
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
It has been my experience that if I am gettin a lot of dust that I have either a loaded pad that needs to be rinsed and cleaned or I have used to much product.

An 1/8th in. line around the pad to start. That amount should be able to cover not quite one half of hood. After the first pass with ZPC use only a small amount. For me I try to apply a dollop the size of a nickle after the first line that charges the pad.

Others may do it different but this has proved effective for me. Causing minimal dusting.

i`ll have to try that, i`ve been using a small bead across the pad for relatively small sections.

imported_flatstick
12-30-2005, 07:07 AM
i`ll have to try that, i`ve been using a small bead across the pad for relatively small sections.

The advice that CWCAD gave you should help with the dusting . the removal of any dusting that you have would work with your QD. hope it works out well for you keep us posted.

wannafbody
12-30-2005, 07:21 AM
I`ve never used it but from what I`ve read you should use way less then you think you should-and the less you use the better the results. Maybe someone else can give more specific advice.

EdgeOfSanity
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Today things are going better, i should be finished by this evening. Much less dust this time around. Unfortunatly zpc is just not aggressive enough to get rid of the deeper scratches/swirls i have. Even after 3-4 passes im unable to get the deep ones. I think i`ll be switching over to the menzerna twins after this. Gives me an excuse to order some souveran too.

cwcad
12-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Always nice to be able to order more products. Menzerna is a good line to use. Terrific results with relatively small amount of product. Look into PO1066FF and PO85RD if you are interested in even a finer finish. or Menzerna IP and FPll if you are unable to find the former.

Souveran is a favorite Carnuaba of mine.

Just remember all the work that you have in your detail with the Zaino line. Once you add a product like Souveran to the mix one must start over with the Zaino ZPC to get the proper bonding for the Z-line sealants.

buzzb
12-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Souveran is an awesome carnauba but is short lived in the durability dept, in my experience. I have found that if it`s been a few weeks since application, a strong car wash solution will suffice to remove Souveran and more Zaino can be added without the need to remove it all. Z7 works great for that and is a good all around car soap but any soap will do. If still concerned, I`m sure a 50/50 alcohol/water wipe down would remove it for sure (might remove some Zaino also though). Hope this helps.

EdgeOfSanity
12-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Always nice to be able to order more products. Menzerna is a good line to use. Terrific results with relatively small amount of product. Look into PO1066FF and PO85RD if you are interested in even a finer finish. or Menzerna IP and FPll if you are unable to find the former.

Souveran is a favorite Carnuaba of mine.

Just remember all the work that you have in your detail with the Zaino line. Once you add a product like Souveran to the mix one must start over with the Zaino ZPC to get the proper bonding for the Z-line sealants.

yeah, i know once Z is topped with souveran i have to start over if i want to use more zaino. What i`m thinking about doing is using zaino through the hot summer months and then using souveran through the winter.