PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a towel...

slammin86
12-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I currently have some sonus der wunder buffing towels like the ones here

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwbt-2.html

I love the towels, but I do not like the edges. I had suspected that the towels were putting some micromarring in my paint so I did the CD test. Well the towel itself isn`t doing it, it is the edging.

I am looking for a nice plush microfiber like the ones above, but I want them to not have the edges. I have some edgeless/ seamless towels but they are not plush at all.

Is there such a towel?

imported_Neothin
12-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Pakshak, Excel, and Autogeek all have nice plush towels that will not scratch.

Intercooled
12-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I have these towles and like them alot. They are very similar if not exactly the same as the Pak Ultra Plushes!! the edgeing is silk and shouldn`t scratch. I purposely bought these towels along with paks because the edgeing is silk and I was getting scatches with the woven edge MF`s. I wont use woven edge MF`s any more. I havnt had any problems these towels or the Paks!

Remember, any towel or edge will scratch ( on a car or CD) if you press hard enough.

Richt
12-29-2005, 02:32 AM
Like wise my go to Buffing towels for Carnuba, not seen any maring from them.

Pakshak Ultra plushes have this edge to.

Alfisti
12-29-2005, 04:05 AM
slammin86, I know many use the CD test, but remember, CD plastic is far softer than paint.

Some MF will scratch a CD but won`t scratch paint. Some won`t scratch a CD or paint, and some will scratch both.

IMO, the CD test results should be viewed with caution and not be used as a basis for abandoning a particular MF.

Just my tuppence worth. :)

slammin86
12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Maybe I should give them another try then.

White95Max
12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
The Excel towels are great, and have never scratched any paint I`ve worked on. There`s a reason I have 45 of them. :)

III
12-29-2005, 06:56 PM
In addition to the vendors already mentioned, Rob at winner`s circle would also be a good choice.

www.wcdetail.com