PDA

View Full Version : How would these products...

Pages : [1] 2

RVM
12-27-2005, 02:14 PM
...work for my purposes? My purposes being quite simple; since my truck is a 4x4 and goes offroad quite a bit, I am more concerned with durability and protection than I am shine, especially since it`s black (black sand pearl). This includes the interior as well as the exterior. Also, the truck currently has some very light scratches from when the dealership clean up crew washed it, and I would like to fill those in, or at most, very lightly hand polish. You can only see them in the right lighting though.

This is what I`ve picked from reading lots of posts and replies to a thread I put up awhile ago, and now I`d like the experts` evaluation. :grinno:

Klasse Kit (http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/klcokit.html)

Clay (http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/son-3200-2.html) (I`ve got some Clay Magic right now - will that work just as well?)

303 Protectant (http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/303-230330.html)

Some other stuff as well (mitts etc.) but these are the ones I was primarily concerned with.

Any suggestions recommendations?

Thanks to everyone!

Neo62381
12-27-2005, 02:49 PM
From all the posts that I`ve read Klasse SG has got to be one of the most durable sealants out there.

Clay Magic makes great clay...if not the best.

303 is also great stuff, and provides quite a bit of UV protection to interior surfaces, however, it doesn`t adhere to surfaces to well and is known to run on exterior trim when wet, and wipes off too easily if you dust your interior with a damp rag, however for UV protection it can`t be beaten.

imported_Neothin
12-27-2005, 03:51 PM
AIO followed by SG is one of the most durable combo`s that I know of. The drawback to the combo is the looks though. I know looks are purely opinion, but I really dislike how AIO/SG looks. You may want to think of something like AIO followed by collinite 845 Insulator Wax. IW still has amazing durability but also has the looks to back it up. If you want durability and looks, this is a good choice.

Clay Magic is fine.

303 is a great interior product. I do like Poorboy`s Trim Restorer on outside plastic though (just make sure that you buff off the excess a few minutes after application though. if you don`t, I`ve found that it runs in the rain.)

RVM
12-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Neothin: Is the Collinite insulator wax a natural wax or a synthetic? What is it about the look of AIO/SG that you don`t like?

I might try Poorboy`s Trim Restorer then - I still need a strong exterior trim protectant. How does it work with rubber and vinyl?

Also, has anyone tried these Sonus drying towels (http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/mf-200.html)? I`ve read quite a few good things about them. I currently have the Absorber, and it works well, but I think I could use a few more to get things as dry as they need to be to avoid water spots.

Are the polishing and buffing towels that come with the Klasse complete kit good? In other words, do I need to worry about microscratches etc.?

Thanks!

imported_Neothin
12-27-2005, 11:17 PM
845IW is a natural carnauba. I think the SG looks to plasticky. Wetness and depth is also lacking with the combo.

I`ve never tried trim restorer on rubber and vinyl but I`d assume that it would work well :D For rubber I`d try some meg`s endurance tire gel (the matte formula looks really nice). This product will also last for a few weeks vs being washed off in the first rain like most rubber dressings.

RVM
12-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Great tips thanks!

Scottwax
12-28-2005, 08:31 PM
I agree with Neothin, especially on black. SG leaves a silvery sheen when you look at a black car at an angle. The Werkstatt twins (Prime and Acrylic Jett) look better and are similarly durable. AIO and Collinite 845 will also look very good and protect for a long time. Either would look better on your black paint, IMO.

Tasty
12-28-2005, 08:34 PM
SG topped with a carnauba.

wannafbody
12-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Colorx and 845 would be my reccomendation. light polishing action and slight filling from the Colorx and 845 to seal the deal. 845 can be reapplied every 3 or 4 months

Accumulator
12-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah, one more vote for Collinite. I only use SG on vehicles that I can get (and keep) marring-free as it doesn`t hide anything. Collinite is great for durability and also hides flaws to some extent. Easy to use too.

The 845IW isn`t a straight carnauba, I read somewhere that it has some kind of "resins" in it. Not that it matters...

RVM
12-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Hmm what about some of the Zaino products?

What would be the best method/product to use to apply/remove the sealants and waxes etc.? Microfiber?

Anyone here shop at pakshak? They seem to have a great selection, but not sure how their prices are. I know the Eurow Sheepskin Mit is rather high - I bought mine from Wally World for like $3.95. :P I also noticed that some of their products they will only ship to Hawaii. I`d like to find one place to buy everything I want, all at once. I`d hate to have to buy from 4 different vendors to get what I need. blargh.

Thanks again for all of the great advice!

Accumulator
12-30-2005, 10:08 AM
RVM- Zaino is somewhat similar to Klasse, practically speaking. I`d only use it on a vehicle that you can get/keep marring-free.

I apply with foam and remove with MF, but many use MF for both steps.

Nothing but good things to say about PakShak, but I can`t really say about their prices.

imported_Neothin
12-30-2005, 10:18 AM
dwayne at premium auto care, Patrick and excel, and max at autogeek are also great vendors that are located in the lower 48 so shipping isnt so bad. On the other hand though, they dont carry all the products that pakshak does though.

Like accumulator, i also applied with foam applicators/machine pads and remove with microfiber towels.

Roger R
12-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Some clay bars are better than others but as long as you clay that truck atleast 3 times a year before applying your Klasse, it should be ok. I say clay it before waxing due to the abuse the paint is going to take. Its pretty simply, clay, AIO and SG. If you do this once in the spring, in the middle of summer and towards the end of fall you should be good to go. Try and get some good hand carwashes in there too, after you take it to the quarter carwash and destroy their bay with all the mud you need to get off first :har:

RVM
12-31-2005, 07:48 AM
haha No kidding. Already done that. :grinno: When I was spraying it down I thought I would clog the drain with all the mud and gunk.

Some clay bars are better than others but as long as you clay that truck atleast 3 times a year before applying your Klasse, it should be ok. I say clay it before waxing due to the abuse the paint is going to take. Its pretty simply, clay, AIO and SG. If you do this once in the spring, in the middle of summer and towards the end of fall you should be good to go. Try and get some good hand carwashes in there too, after you take it to the quarter carwash and destroy their bay with all the mud you need to get off first :har: