PDA

View Full Version : Scratched up radio bezel...Pics

Neo62381
12-27-2005, 01:59 PM
What might I use to get this cleared up a bit...... Meg`s PlasticX maybe?

Would a plastic polish do more harm than good on such a delicate surface?

It`s really discouraging to look at.....thanks ahead of time for all the help. :-)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Neo62381/DSC00015.jpg

lutzms
12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Let me know if you find a solution to this problem. The gauges on a used car that I picked up for winter driving were scratched beyond belief. Plast-X on a microfiber cleared the major marring up, but now I`m left with scratches similiar to what you want to remove (as to I). Once it warms up in the Spring, I`ll probably try another round of Meg`s on it, and try to work it out a little better (unless someone can suggest something a little better).

imported_Neothin
12-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I don`t know if radio bezel plastic is the same as the plastic in headlights, but I got light scratching out of my dad`s cars plastic headlights with optimum polish on a white LC polishing pad. Maybe that might work?

theamcguy
12-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I have had success with Megs Plastic Polish #17 followed by #10. But I have never had success doing it by hand. I use the felt polishing tip on a Dremel tool. Low speed keep it moving and it polishes right up. Check your work often. Do not polish in one spot too long or it will create a noticeable low spot.

DrSauekraut
12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
I agree - a Dremel, felt polishing pad, and Meg’s PlastX, will remove 95% of those scratches.

Good luck :D

cabe
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
if done by hand, i suggest a paint polish like scratchX followed by plastX. i don`t have any power equipment, so i used several different grades of paint polish with a foam applicator and it worked well for my 13+ yr old plastic tail lights.

Mad iX
12-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Try Poorboys Pro Polish if you have some.