PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new Excel pads yet?

Chan
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Anybody try the new pads yet? They`re kind of pricey so I wanna see some reviews before I get one.

Chan

Spilchy
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I bought a handful of them but haven`t used them yet. They aren`t pricey. They`re right in line if not slightly cheaper then the others from Lake Country and Sonus

cwcad
12-27-2005, 11:40 AM
I bought a handful of them but haven`t used them yet. They aren`t pricey. They`re right in line if not slightly cheaper then the others from Lake Country and Sonus

Same here Spilchy! I do not think that they are out of line. They are more expensive than the older propel pads, but I think that they are of a better quality than the old one`s, at least the velcro pad appears to be more sturdy.

Am just waiting for a chance to use the pads to see how they work.

Chan
12-27-2005, 12:18 PM
They`re cheaper than the other pads, but I`m wondering if the extra cost is worth the upgrade over the old pads (College student)

Chan

cgc2
01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Are you guys talking about the PROPEL pads from Excel ?

Assuming thats a yes, I have extensive use of the Propel 1 pads and love them.

I just tried out a Propel 2 green pad with my new rotary and love the pad.

Fits nicely with the 6 inch backing plate....the foam pad seems to envelope the backing plate.

imported_chpsk8
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I have the new PS blue pad. (bought a sampler and they were out of the regular blue, so I got a P2. I have only used it once. Its a nice pad. The backing looks and feels strong. It wasn`t a big deal to center. I have read some people like the dished out P1 because its a no brainer to center the pad. THe P2 being flat didn`t make much difference.

I also used a P1 with a litttle larger backing plate and it made a little dish in the middle of the pad. It was pretty cool because the polish didn`t slag all over. Kinda like those fancy dished out pads other sites are selling!