Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

📢 📢 ?? Yo Autopia Store (HD Speed Gallon) ?? 📢 📢

Have you guys quit carrying Speed by the gallon?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 📢 📢 ?? Yo Autopia Store (HD Speed Gallon) ?? 📢 📢

While this sub-forum is here to talk about Autopia’s Store it isn’t necessarily monitored by PBMG employees. As there are no members that answer to Autopia Store, I’d suggest you direct your question to Liz by way of PM. She may or may not see this thread, should she not, you’ll be waiting for an answer.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A simple phone call would probably get you a much quicker answer
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes GearHead_1, Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    While this sub-forum is here to talk about Autopia’s Store it isn’t necessarily monitored by PBMG employees.
    I thought this was 3D`s Sub Forum? It`s a shame manufacturers totally ignore this forum.
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    A simple phone call would probably get you a much quicker answer
    Not so sure of that. I called and got a prerecorded message saying they are closed until Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

bad penny- Heh heh, since you still haven`t gotten any traction from `em on this thread, I guess calling them on Monday might still be much quicker!

I`ve been bugged by this exact same thing myself..expecting somebody with a vendor-subforum to *gee whiz* actually check it now and then, but it seems pretty rare
    Likes bad penny, David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    bad penny- Heh heh, since you still haven`t gotten any traction from `em on this thread, I guess calling them on Monday might still be much quicker!
    A call won`t be necessary. Detailedimage had it in stock and the order has been placed. I don`t understand why pbmg quit carrying this product by the gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably cuz not many people were buying it. Thats alot of AIO... only pros might need that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes bad penny, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Probably cuz not many people were buying it. Thats alot of AIO... only pros might need that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, about 1/10th of the gallon of product remains stuck to the inside of the jug so there`s that. Besides, Pros have to buy their products from somewhere (and there are A LOT of pros across this country).

There is no other product out there like Speed. If it`s not one of the top selling polishes @ pbma I would be surprised.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like you have already discovered the answer to your question is that we do not carry that product in the gallon sizes. We do our best to answer questions as quickly as possible, but GearHead is correct that a PM or call during business hours Monday-Friday is the best way to get a hold of us.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to defend Liz@Autopia and the Autopia Store selling of certain car-care products and equipment and simply state it cannot be a store of all-things-to-all-people. The inventory would just be a nightmare and simply impossible to manage or maintain. The reason ANY store carries a certain product and its available sizes is pretty simple economics: the law of supply and demand. if only one or two buyers purchases a product once every two years, chances are that retailer is not going to offer it; it just does not make economic sense to do so.
    What a store/retailer chooses to sell is really up to them. I do not know what business analytics the Autopia Store uses to determine what they stock and sell, but I am pretty sure if few customers purchase it, it simple does not stay within the stock inventory. Yes, there are extenuating circumstances, like exclusive distributor contracts, or minimum stock requirements of a manufacturer, but these all come into play on what products are stocked and hence, offered for sale.

That said, the Original Poster (OP) has run into a dilemma ALL of us face buying car-care products and equipment on-line: finding what I (we) want from ONE source, and that includes a particular car-care item the I use, and quite frankly, NEED in the size I deem makes economic sense. I simply am not going to buy sixteen (16) eight ounce (8 oz.) bottles of some product to make a up gallon of it because the 8 oz bottle is all that is stocked when it is offered elsewhere in one gallon jugs. And as the OP has done, that individual purchased what they needed somewhere else: problem solved (other than the frustration of being forced to do so.)

So why can`t I "special order" something at the Autopia Store? The problem may be many.
    First, it simply is not available due to a car-care manufacturer`s "limited distributor or select dealers/resellers", IE they cannot sell it due to the limitation of supply by the manufacturer. It is not the Autopia Store`s fault.
    Second, a product and/or its size or piece of equipment may becoming obsoleted or no longer being produced, either due to lack of demand, unavailable materials, or changes in government legislation that outlaw a product or equipment.
    Third, it can be ordered, BUT what does the store do with it IF it is returned, for whatever reason. Sam`s Club is going through this very scenario where products bought on-line can now ONLY be returned on-line and not at brick-and-mortar stores. WHY? Many of those items can only be bought on-line and if returned, there is no "normal inventory stock item" place for it and they end up loosing money trying to sell it in-store. it is just a logistics and inventory nightmare. So to avoid this same thing by the Autopia Store, it may simple not order those products or equipment OR have a no-return policy on special order items or close-out items; IE, you buy it, you own own it as-is.

As stated, it is a REAL dilemma buying car-care products and equipment on-line and I am sure that many of you Autopians, both professional and hobbyists, buy from multiple on-line re-sellers or directly from the manufacturer. it is just part of getting what you need for your detailing business or hobby. However, I think we all agree that we need to financially support the Autopia Store by buying car-care products and equipment from it because it financial resource for this forum we all participate in and benefit from (like right now!). Unfortunately, that is just not the reality for many of us. (PLEASE, no comments about Amazon! We have done that before with the McKees 37 fiasco.)
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs, bad penny liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liz@Autopia View Post
    It looks like you have already discovered the answer to your question is that we do not carry that product in the gallon sizes. We do our best to answer questions as quickly as possible, but GearHead is correct that a PM or call during business hours Monday-Friday is the best way to get a hold of us.

The problem waiting until you open on Monday is that I miss the 48 hour sale that you started on Friday (right before leaving for the weekend).
    It must be a challenge trying to figure out what products to stock. Obviously Speed by the Gallon wasn`t working for you.

Thanks anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    However, I think we all agree that we need to financially support the Autopia Store by buying car-care products and equipment from it because it financial resource for this forum we all participate in and benefit from (like right now!). Unfortunately, that is just not the reality for many of us. (PLEASE, no comments about Amazon! We have done that before with the McKees 37 fiasco.)
    I wanted to purchase from autopia but unfortunately it didn`t work out this time. Speed costing upwards of $100 per gallon probably presents its own problem (I guess).

Post Thanks / Like

I’m 99.9% sure that should you run into a problem acquiring a “SALE” product over the weekend due to not being able to get the information over the weekend, that the good people at the Autopia Store will make it right and honor the sale on Monday. You won’t miss a thing. It’s good business, they’ve done it for me and others I know.

It’s also nice to buy PBMG stocked products from them and getting bonus points that you can use as discounts on future purchases. If AutoGeek for instance comes in with a great sale, the Autopia Store will honor Geek’s and others prices on the same product and give you Autopia’s bonus points. Like others this probably isn’t the case on close out pricing. If they stock it, they’ll bust their tail to meet or beat others pricing. Autopia Store wants your business but we all know that no one stocks everything. It just takes a phone call and the necessary advertisement to show them where the best pricing is. They’ve been awesome to me when I’ve had questions like this.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs, BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Liz@Autopia thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    The problem waiting until you open on Monday is that I miss the 48 hour sale that you started on Friday (right before leaving for the weekend).
    You all would have to buy a lot more product in order for PBMG to have me on call 24/7/365. GearHead is absolutely right, if you ever have any questions or issues outside of business hours/days, just give us a call or shoot us an email and we`ll get you taken care of.
    Likes Stokdgs, Oneheadlite, The Driver liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information