Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D One

Post Thanks / Like

3D One

I thought there was a thread on this polish but I couldn’t find it.

I tried it out today (finally). Used Rupes 15 MKII, Rupes blue wool, Rupes white pad. The finish with the Rupes wool was impressive. I was trying to remove a medium scratch and it knocked it out easily. I did not like the difficult wipe off. Today was 60 degrees with very low humidity and I really had to rub hard to remove the polish. I didn’t overwork it, only three slow passes on speed 4 (probably should have been 3). I really didn’t need to go to a second step, but I wanted to see if there was a difference. Really didn’t notice much difference after using the Rupes white pad but it looked great with the wool pad. I would have said it was LSP ready after one step.

The new Rupes wool pads are nice. Very similar to a Megs Microfiber Pad, but left less micromarring. Could have been the 3D One but I don’t think so. Needs more testing.

I’m going to have to use 3D One this spring with more humidity to see if the wipe off is easier. There was zero dusting but I did not work it hard.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D One

It’s a nice polish but I find it to be a bit on the oily side. It wipes easy but it needs a bit more wipes to remove the oils.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It’s a nice polish but I find it to be a bit on the oily side. It wipes easy but it needs a bit more wipes to remove the oils.
    For some reason it worked the opposite for me and dried hard similar to old Turtle Wax. You know how you had to “break” the wax to remove. I don’t think I used too much polish. I primed the pad and then added 3 dimes sized dots like I normally do. Chemical Guys polishes (terrible) are similar. I’m used to the oilyer Menzerma products. I don’t want to install marring during my wipeoff. I’ll have to revisit 3D One.

Post Thanks / Like

Love 3D ONE. One thing for reference is not much product is needed. I usually prime with 3 drops and from there only add a single pea size drop per section. Making sure to blow out the pad after each section. Wipe off is a tad oily but with how it saves time on a lot of jobs I`ll deal with it.

I typically do my test spot with a Rupes 21 Mark ll, Rupes yellow pad and adjust from there. With a microfiber pad it works great. If I need more cut I switch to fast correcting cream or M100. Some jobs that I figured would need a definite 2 step have been knocked out in one with this product.

But overall this has been a go to since it`s release for me. In fact I just added a gallon to inventory.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

rlmccarty2000:
    Are you referring to justins00ss review?
    3D One new compound/polish quick review!

My question is, " Is this a revamped or reformulated HD Adapt polish?" There was a lot of angst in the detailing community when Adapt was dropped by HD due too small a demand.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    rlmccarty2000:
    Are you referring to justins00ss review?
    3D One new compound/polish quick review!

My question is, " Is this a revamped or reformulated HD Adapt polish?" There was a lot of angst in the detailing community when Adapt was dropped by HD due too small a demand.
    That’s the review. Everytime I tried to search 3D or 3D One I couldn’t get results. I didn’t want to create a new thread if one was up already.

I never tried Adapt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Love 3D ONE. One thing for reference is not much product is needed. I usually prime with 3 drops and from there only add a single pea size drop per section. Making sure to blow out the pad after each section. Wipe off is a tad oily but with how it saves time on a lot of jobs I`ll deal with it.

I typically do my test spot with a Rupes 21 Mark ll, Rupes yellow pad and adjust from there. With a microfiber pad it works great. If I need more cut I switch to fast correcting cream or M100. Some jobs that I figured would need a definite 2 step have been knocked out in one with this product.

But overall this has been a go to since it`s release for me. In fact I just added a gallon to inventory.
    I may have used too much product. I usually prime microfiber pads by smearing the complete pad, then add a few drops to start buffing. I’ve just never had a polish to dry out like this one. I did a great job and easily could have just been a one step correction. I’ll cut back on the product next time.

This was my first time using the Rupes wool pads too. They cut really fast with no hazing, nice!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I’ve been told, 3D One isn’t based on Adapt. It’s a new product based on their ACA ceramic formula and is a modified ACA500 to be less abrasive and finish better.

Post Thanks / Like

What is "ACA ceramic formula" and "modified ACA500"? I am not a chemist or without divulging trade-secret information how this works/applies to HD One.
    It`s the adage, " I don`t know what is in it, but it sure does work for me!"
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    What is "ACA ceramic formula" and "modified ACA500"? I am not a chemist or without divulging trade-secret information how this works/applies to HD One.
    It`s the adage, " I don`t know what is in it, but it sure does work for me!"
    It’s the abrasives technology used in the product.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I used my bottle of 3D one the other day for the first time. I used my normal spray conditioner for the pad and 3-4 pea drops per section with a brush out every panel. I also found it to be very oily. I did 3 med-slow passes and feel like I could have gotten 2 more passes very easily. It wasnt very humid at all that day either. Wipe off I dont remember being totally bad. The vehicle was a silver Toyota Yaris that had been wet sanded with 3000 after fresh paint job. I used an Orange HDO pad on my Flex 3401 on speed 5.5. Cut really well considering. Finished out fine for a silver car.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Thanks wristymanchego thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I used my bottle of 3D one the other day for the first time. I used my normal spray conditioner for the pad and 3-4 pea drops per section with a brush out every panel. I also found it to be very oily. I did 3 med-slow passes and feel like I could have gotten 2 more passes very easily. It wasnt very humid at all that day either. Wipe off I dont remember being totally bad. The vehicle was a silver Toyota Yaris that had been wet sanded with 3000 after fresh paint job. I used an Orange HDO pad on my Flex 3401 on speed 5.5. Cut really well considering. Finished out fine for a silver car.
    Is your pad conditioner water based?

If so, you may be creating undesirable circumstances with such an oily polish. Perhaps forcing more to transfer to your panel than your pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    Is your pad conditioner water based?

If so, you may be creating undesirable circumstances with such an oily polish. Perhaps forcing more to transfer to your panel than your pad.
    Never looked into it. Its the blackfire pad conditioner spray. I would ASSume (we all know what that does lol) it is water based.

The OLD style blackfire not the new all black label.

This logo.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blac...-handbook.html
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Glad this thread popped back up. I’m still having problems with 3D One. I used it recently with a Rupes UHS pad and I had the same “Turtle Wax” hard wipeoff problems. This time instead of using a Rupes 15 I was using a Rupes rotary and got the same hard as heck wipeoff problems. I believe One will be going on the back shelf. I could have used some 914 to help break through the polish, but I don’t need any help with any other polishes I use.

Post Thanks / Like

I found letting it sit a bit b4 removal makes it easy to remove. I typically do 2 panels and wipe the first off, do another panel then wipe second off and so on. From all the mixed reviews, I have a feeling a few batches went out that may be slightly different????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information