Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Super Concentrated Nano Drums

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Bumping this thread..........

Has anyone taken the plunge and tried this soap? I watched the video 3d put out on it and it seemed much thinner viscosity than normal pink soap but produced some serious foam. Wondering if it has the same cleaning ability. If so it would be the best bang for the buck in car wash soap.

This is just my opinion and thoughts using this site for pricing.

The dilution on of the regular 3D soap is half of the Megs HyperWash. So it would take 2 jugs at 18.50 ( $37 ) to equal a single jug at $32. So that along puts it over my current favorite in the Megs stuff.

That at being said the nano drum has me interested and I like the idea of hyper concentrated products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    The dilution on of the regular 3D soap is half of the Megs HyperWash..
    Noting that I`m talking off the top of my head I thought that the Hyperwash had some crazy-potent dilution numbers whereas the 3D Pink Car Soak is basically diluted like any conventional shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that I`m talking off the top of my head I thought that the Hyperwash had some crazy-potent dilution numbers whereas the 3D Pink Car Soak is basically diluted like any conventional shampoo.

Hyperwash is 400/1.

So in most cases I use just 1oz in my wash bucket use a 1oz pump head. I use 2 if I want extr cleaning or lubrication.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, well....IME the Pink is *awfully* thick stuff, even takes an unusually long time to mix with water. Not flaming, love it...

But yeah, I`d like to hear how this compares, if only to stuff like the Meguiar`s Hyper Wash (think that`s the name of their high-concentration stuff).
    I agree pink is thick, it`s my favorite soap so I use it a lot. From the description of the new super soap however on one of their distributors it describes it as low viscosity because of some new process. In the video as well it looked very easy to pour almost like water.

Here is the link to the YouTube video if anyone is interested:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DHdta6MfA

You can see when he pours the super soap out of the gallon container it`s almost like water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

This is just my opinion and thoughts using this site for pricing.

The dilution on of the regular 3D soap is half of the Megs HyperWash. So it would take 2 jugs at 18.50 ( $37 ) to equal a single jug at $32. So that along puts it over my current favorite in the Megs stuff.

That at being said the nano drum has me interested and I like the idea of hyper concentrated products.
    I agree pink is a great soap. Last time I did the numbers accounting for dilution ratios for a 5 gal bucket hyperwash is .04 cents and pink is .14 cents. With super soap using their dilution ration of 1/2 oz to 5 gallons it would be around .025 cents per wash. So a pretty good increase in value.

But given I just received a gallon of pink I`m going to use it before I order something else. Hence me hoping others will confirm it`s good before I make the plunge and buy it. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

PearTree & TroyScherer- Thanks for schooling me on the dilution ratios.

I`ve been wondering about a shampoo like this for use on wheels/wells/undercarriages. Some day I`ll run out of my also-rans (currently working through a gallon of M62, I do still kinda like that stuff and I`ll miss the scent) that I`m using for such things, and my 3D Pink/Griot`s mix is kinda pricey for work like that where I don`t need top-notch lubricity.

Heh heh, I believe I scored the last available 5 gallon bucket of the 3D Pink (for $55 shipped, lucky me ). Oughta last me a long, long time, even with the way I go through it in the foamgun. But I don`t want to waste it on applications where I can get by with something cheaper.
    Likes PearTree liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I believe I scored the last available 5 gallon bucket of the 3D Pink (for $55 shipped, .
    FYI: Autoality has 5’s of 3D Pink Soap for just under $50 shipped (2 day).

And $46 for the nano drums which completely changes the costs previously calculated.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post

And $46 for the nano drums which completely changes the costs previously calculated.
    Have you tried out any of the nano drums or the super soap? I checked the site and the super soap is showing to be 75 bucks. Might be a members only price as I believe that site has a membership option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Huh, that`s where I got mine, and he said it was his last one. I thought 3D had quit selling the 5.

Ah...

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would update this as the nano drums went live on the sister site today. The 3d super soap is 31.50 and dilution ratio is 0.5 oz to 5 gallons. They also have a pre-soak wash as well as apc and glass cleaner. Very interesting.

https://www.autogeek.net/3d-super-soap.html

Post Thanks / Like

I`m interested. Especially APC`s, I always felt most were already highly diluted in consumer form.

For shampoo does thickness even mean anything? I always thought manufacturers intentionally thickened shampoos because consumers assumed thicker = higher quality. My guess is super soap could have been too thick to begin with so they had to hit it solvents to make it pourable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    For shampoo does thickness even mean anything? I always thought manufacturers intentionally thickened shampoos because consumers assumed thicker = higher quality..
    Hey, that`s an interesting Q.

FWIW, the 3D Pink Car Soap is *thicker* than I`d prefer, makes for just a little bit of a hassle when mixing up my gallons of concentrate.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this on the other site but I`m curious if the wheel cleaner has anything "extra" other than a stronger mix ratio that`s specific to brake dust. To me APC`s, degreasers, and non-acid wheel cleaners are all very similar.

How would you guys go about measuring this stuff in 1/2 oz increments? The "glug glug" method here would be very wasteful...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post

How would you guys go about measuring this stuff in 1/2 oz increments? The "glug glug" method here would be very wasteful...
    Convert oz to mL....
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If a product isn`t too thick, I use a Bettix Bottle for measuring.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information