Post Thanks / Like

AAT 502 consistency

I don`t know why I never really noticed this, but last year I bought an 8oz bottle of AAT 502 and it was your typical thicker consistency that one would expect from about any finishing polish. However I then bought myself the 32oz combo of 501/502 and the 32oz bottle of 502 has a consistency more like water. Its very thin and runny, I don`t even need to squeeze the bottle to put product on the pad. No amount of vigorous shaking has given any improvement.

Is this normal? It still seems to work as advertised but it doesn`t wipe off as easily (leaves oily film).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AAT 502 consistency

Had the exact thing happen to a bottle of 501. Perhaps 3D will replace it, as have read this in the past.
    Since the compound has shifted in viscosity, it`s a pain to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a HUGE fan of 3D internation. I especially love HD Polish+ and HD Speed, but I`ve had BOTH 3D 501 & 502 both get runny over just a few months. All products are kept in a climate controlled environment but as etnops explained, once 3D Compounds and polishes change viscosity, they become a pain to work with. Boss Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream have similar issues but are still relatively effective unlike with 3D

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is though that it came to me in this water like state, while my year old 8oz bottle on my shelf is still thick. Maybe I`ll contact 3D and ask them directly

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed this with a lot of my compounds and polishes lately that have been sitting on the shelf for 6+ months even after vigorous shaking they still have a watery like substance where first they seemed to be thicker. Boss FCC, Boss Perfecting Cream, HD Adapt even my HD Speed, however when I tried them out to see if they were still good they seemed to work just fine. At one point I was also curious and thought if I have to throw all these products away due to some separation issues that would really suck.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yah I also have the 8oz bottles of 501 and 502 I got last year as a free gift from Autopia and have yet to try them but those seemed to keep there thick consistency. I pretty much checked all my other compounds/ polishes once I saw the change in viscosity of boss FCC and perfecting cream. Even the unopened PA Escalate lotion seems to have a super watery formula but maybe that came like that and I just did not realize? I store all my bottles in the house where its around 75 degrees on average so the temps shouldnt be causing this issue should it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Oh yah I also have the 8oz bottles of 501 and 502 I got last year as a free gift from Autopia and have yet to try them but those seemed to keep there thick consistency. I pretty much checked all my other compounds/ polishes once I saw the change in viscosity of boss FCC and perfecting cream. Even the unopened PA Escalate lotion seems to have a super watery formula but maybe that came like that and I just did not realize? I store all my bottles in the house where its around 75 degrees on average so the temps shouldnt be causing this issue should it?
    You wouldn`t think so. I keep all of mine in my basement where it`s always around 68-70 degrees and I still have the same problem. I am trying to use a bottle of boss correcting cream right now that is more runny and watery than optimum hyper polish. It is basically just water. I know alot of guys say that despite changes in consistency it won`t affect performance but in my opinion it absolutely affects the length of the buffing cycle as well as the ease of removal.

That said, my compounds and polishes do seem to keep a little better in my basement. I have no way of proving my theory but I really am starting to think that especially the boss compounds and polishes as well as 3D 501 & 502 are affected by humidity more than temperature fluctuation.

Either way, it`s incredibly frustrating. I never have this issue with M100, M101, M205, or D300.

I`ve also never had this problem with ANY of menzerna`s compounds and polishes or Scholl Concepts Compounds and Polishes.

I wish a Griot`s or 3D rep would chime in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    You wouldn`t think so. I keep all of mine in my basement where it`s always around 68-70 degrees and I still have the same problem. I am trying to use a bottle of boss correcting cream right now that is more runny and watery than optimum hyper polish. It is basically just water. I know alot of guys say that despite changes in consistency it won`t affect performance but in my opinion it absolutely affects the length of the buffing cycle as well as the ease of removal.

That said, my compounds and polishes do seem to keep a little better in my basement. I have no way of proving my theory but I really am starting to think that especially the boss compounds and polishes as well as 3D 501 & 502 are affected by humidity more than temperature fluctuation.

Either way, it`s incredibly frustrating. I never have this issue with M100, M101, M205, or D300.

I`ve also never had this problem with ANY of menzerna`s compounds and polishes or Scholl Concepts Compounds and Polishes.

I wish a Griot`s or 3D rep would chime in
    And to your point my 105 and 205 are fine as well. So is my s20 black and sonax.

I honestly didn`t notice a decrease in working time with the watery boss FCC but when I tested it i only did 4 section passes with my lhr75 and a mf pad. It is extremely runny though and glad in a way it`s not just me who seems to have the problem. Also in my house, humidity is low due to the AC in summer and the room i store them in stays cool and dry. Unless the issue is presenting itself at times when it`s out being used for long periods of time.

What`s odd is my boss correcting cream is totally fine and hasn`t lost its natural viscosity/ thickness.

I might need to test out the FCC again doing 5 to 6 passes to see how it holds up and wipes off.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    I`m a HUGE fan of 3D internation. I especially love HD Polish+ and HD Speed, but I`ve had BOTH 3D 501 & 502 both get runny over just a few months. All products are kept in a climate controlled environment but as etnops explained, once 3D Compounds and polishes change viscosity, they become a pain to work with. Boss Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream have similar issues but are still relatively effective unlike with 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by etnops View Post
    Had the exact thing happen to a bottle of 501. Perhaps 3D will replace it, as have read this in the past.
    Since the compound has shifted in viscosity, it`s a pain to work with.
    hi mate is this still an issue in 2019 ? about compound turns runny have you tried shaking them hard to ge them mixing ? usually that did the trick for me.

Thread Information