Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD Cut problem

Post Thanks / Like

HD Cut problem

I have recently used some hd cut i ordered several months ago and i am not sure whats wrong. I make 2 passes and it gets dried up and is a pain to get off. It was like 75 or 80 degrees in the garage so not in the direct sunlight also the car was in the garage all night. I love hd speed and hd polish they perform great just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with hd cut. I ordered some menzerna 400 for now seen good reviews for it but i don`t want the hd cut to go to waste is there any suggestions on what to try and do? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Cut problem

How much was applied to the pad? Did you prime the pad prior to using it?

Let us know!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    How much was applied to the pad? Did you prime the pad prior to using it?

Let us know!
    I did prime the pad first i used an orange lc cutting pad and applied 4 roughly pea sized drops to it. This is the second vehicle i tried it on and i have done different amounts but nothing seems to work for me. I ended up having to go to meguiars ultimate compound which did a good job but it seems dust quiet a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Compounds do dust more than polishes and AIOs but sounds like maybe your machine speed was too high? What setting on what machine did you use?
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Cut always had plenty of work time for me. If not a temp problem, speed may be too high as mentioned above.

Post Thanks / Like

What make model vehicle are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like

I buff such products off before they flash, while they`re still a little "wet". Even if that means extremely short work-times (as per M105...seems like just seconds of working before I buff it off).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Compounds do dust more than polishes and AIOs but sounds like maybe your machine speed was too high? What setting on what machine did you use?
    I was using a flex 3401 on speed 4 then went to a meguiars g110 and used it on speed 4 thinking the forced rotation was being the problem but still had the same results. I havent used hd cut before so maybe next time i can try a lower speed and see if it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    What make model vehicle are you working on?
    It was a 2008 f250. i did try it on their toyota camry with the white single stage paint and the same problem. I havent buffed a whole lot of vehicles or anything but i havent ever had this problem with anything product which i know they are all different just cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oboroballa03 View Post
    It was a 2008 f250. i did try it on their toyota camry with the white single stage paint and the same problem. I havent buffed a whole lot of vehicles or anything but i havent ever had this problem with anything product which i know they are all different just cant figure out what i am doing wrong.
    Ok. I haven`t used it a lot but the HD Cut+ I have did dry up like that on a newer black GM truck. The other few times I tried it it was fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mention that i went and looked it is the hd cut + but you would think it would act like that all the time not just some. I will give it a try on another vehicle and if it doesnt work i guess i will use the menzerna and try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same issue with HD Cut+. Paint type and temp don`t seem to matter for me either, nor did machine speed (tried 3, 4, and 5 on a GG Std DA). Buff & Shine pads, tried Orange, White and Green. Even two passes made it difficult to remove. Adapt and Polish + are easy to wipe off, even after 6 passes. I`ve tried more product, less product, changed pressure, etc. Nothing...Frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I have the same issue with HD Cut+. Paint type and temp don`t seem to matter for me either, nor did machine speed (tried 3, 4, and 5 on a GG Std DA). Buff & Shine pads, tried Orange, White and Green. Even two passes made it difficult to remove. Adapt and Polish + are easy to wipe off, even after 6 passes. I`ve tried more product, less product, changed pressure, etc. Nothing...Frustrating.
    I am glad someone else has had the struggles i have lol. I dont know if there was a bad batch or something because i even keep mine in my climate controlled garage. Doesnt make sense how speed and polish + wipe off so easy then this is like dried on glue i had to spray it with some waterless wash to get it off.
    Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a problem with Cut (not the Plus version, the original) via Flex or at rather high speeds. Well, other than it not being aggressive enough

Never had any weird issues with `08 Ford clear, IMO it`s a textbook "medium-everything" paint. I`ve struggled with some problematic paints, but this wasn`t one of `em.

oboroballa03- How does it behave by hand? How about if you wipe it off *WAY* before you normally would?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Never had a problem with Cut (not the Plus version, the original) via Flex or at rather high speeds. Well, other than it not being aggressive enough

Never had any weird issues with `08 Ford clear, IMO it`s a textbook "medium-everything" paint. I`ve struggled with some problematic paints, but this wasn`t one of `em.

oboroballa03- How does it behave by hand? How about if you wipe it off *WAY* before you normally would?
    Havent tried it by hand but i cant wipe it off much sooner or it wont be effective. I spread it out make 1 to 2 passes and its already dried up i thought about keeping a spray bottle with water and try misting it as i work it but you shouldnt have to do that. I am gonna give it ago on a few more cars and see what happens and it might get trashed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information