Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD Cut problem

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Cut problem

Well, FWIW, heh heh...IMO it`s *NOT* all that effective....but your experience does sound weird as I work it at pretty high speeds and it doesn`t flash that fast for me, basically works a bit longer than M105. But then I work relatively small areas at a time too; I certainly *NEVER* do the "2 foot square" thing that some advocate except with certain Finishing Polishes, can`t imagine how anybody gets good results that way but apparently some folks do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oboroballa03 View Post
    Havent tried it by hand but i cant wipe it off much sooner or it wont be effective. I spread it out make 1 to 2 passes and its already dried up i thought about keeping a spray bottle with water and try misting it as i work it but you shouldnt have to do that. I am gonna give it ago on a few more cars and see what happens and it might get trashed.
    I`ve this exact same issue with two bottles of HD Cut+. When it first came out I tried it and I remember liking it, but the next two 32oz bottles I`ve bought were both virtually unusable. It literally dries up before I could actually spread it out. I ended up throwing away one bottle but after having the same issue again, I contacted 3D directly and they replaced it and the bottle they sent me is great!

Between 3D & HD Compounds and Boss Creams, in my experience they need to be kept in an environment between 68-75 degrees at all times. Any fluctuations (especially boss creams) can make products runny and affect their performance.

I guarantee you aren`t doing anything wrong and the issue is with your bottle of HD Cut+ and I would contact 3D or whoever sold it to you and see if they can send you a new one and in return you can send your bottle in for testing.

One question, is your HD Cut+ consistency a little bit runny and can you see little particles? Both of my bad bottles were runnier and I could actually abrasive particles in it. My current bottle of Cut+ is a little thicker consistency and I can`t see those little particles like I could previously.

If you can`t work cut+ for 3 solid passes I think it`s safe to assume there is something wrong with your bottle like there was with mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried using 50% more product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well, FWIW, heh heh...IMO it`s *NOT* all that effective....but your experience does sound weird as I work it at pretty high speeds and it doesn`t flash that fast for me, basically works a bit longer than M105. But then I work relatively small areas at a time too; I certainly *NEVER* do the "2 foot square" thing that some advocate except with certain Finishing Polishes, can`t imagine how anybody gets good results that way but apparently some folks do.
    This. Awhile back I had similar problems with the 3D compound. Talked with a mod here and got a new bottle sent out and it works great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    This. Awhile back I had similar problems with the 3D compound. Talked with a mod here and got a new bottle sent out and it works great
    I may have to shoot them an email or something then because i like their other products. I ordered it from ag i will have to see when i did because i am a weekend warrior i dont detail for a living so i dont use my stuff quickly but being in a climate controlled garage the whole time even if its been a year or so it should be good i would think. Thank you guys for the help and advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information