Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    dontlikemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    So this will be my first time trying any Uro-Fiber pads. Supposedly they are able to compound, polish, and wax all at one step. Any of you used this combination? Do I need to prime the Uro-Fiber pads like I would with a foam pad? Any other tips for this set up? I will be trying this out on a 2007 Mazda CX-5 on Sunday hopefully. A client is wanting to sell their CX 5 and wanted to get it good as it can get (it does have clear coat failure and complete paint removed at a few spots). I will wash with CG Citrus wash, decon with Nanoskin Iron-fallout Remover (decent results on my personal car), clay, and then AIO HD Speed with the Uro-Fiber pad. Updates will follow in a brief write-up. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    I`ve been using the urofiber pads ever since they came out

    I just treat them like a normal microfiber pad... a few more drops than normal on the first pass and then the usual 3 dots or so afterwards

    I`ve never used them to apply wax or anything,, just for compounding, polishing and my preference (using them with an AIO like Poorboys PW- or recently with 3d AAT finishing polish which worked very well)


    Brandt K.

  3. #3
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    I have yet to find a compound that will work at high speed on the urofiber pads and not leave a mess to correct on black -- I don`t believe it can be done.. .at least not my standards of gloss BUT I`m looking forward to being wrong on this one day


    Brandt K.
    Likes dontlikemyname liked this post

  4. #4
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads


  5. #5
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    these pads are an absolute monster with a one step or AIO - just saying


    Brandt K.
    Likes dontlikemyname liked this post

  6. #6
    dontlikemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    [QUOTE=JustJesus;2109219 [/QUOTE]

    It was actually that video that taunted me to buy the Uro Fiber pads. I just hope it hasn`t got my hopes up for nothing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    Quote Originally Posted by dontlikemyname View Post
    It was actually that video that taunted me to buy the Uro Fiber pads. I just hope it hasn`t got my hopes up for nothing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if you don`t like them I know a box in Texas you can mail them to


    Brandt K.
    Likes dontlikemyname liked this post

  8. #8
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    It was actually 512detail`s input that made me buy a set. Looking forward to trying them out with PWC soon. Just waiting to schedule the job. Would have been the last job I did, but the owner didn`t realize the power outlets in the underground parking at his apartment complex aren`t actually on 24/7. So, no power access

  9. #9
    dontlikemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    Lol no power sucks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    How do they finish? I`ve been using microfiber pads since they first arrived and love them for cutting and fast defect removal, but I switch to foam for finishing. I`ve used the Meg`s finishing MF pads and they are just ok for finishing. I can see where they would be great for an AOI. Anyone used them with Essence?

  11. #11
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How do they finish? I`ve been using microfiber pads since they first arrived and love them for cutting and fast defect removal, but I switch to foam for finishing. I`ve used the Meg`s finishing MF pads and they are just ok for finishing. I can see where they would be great for an AOI. Anyone used them with Essence?
    yea I tried them with essence on my dads denali (the black cherry Yukon)

    they cut better than the rupes yellow foam pad and finished great but I needed more cut so I went with 3d AAT finishing polish on a fresh Urofiber pad (and maroon urotech pad which seemed to do about the same thing with the AAT finishing polish)

    they are just not going to cut like a 100% cutting pad, I don`t care what anyone tells you..its the nature of the design...they just wont..but I think their true merit is with an AIO like PW-
    the cut they provide on a non abrasive polish like the PW- line ... its just unreal

    also I will add that I was able to cut DEEP with these pads and invincible primer on the cosmic high gloss hellcat I did- and the finish would have been ok for most people I`d imagine..but not for a mopar coming out of my garage so I added another step with the primer and a softer pad


    Brandt K.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

  12. #12
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    yea I tried them with essence on my dads denali (the black cherry Yukon)

    they cut better than the rupes yellow foam pad and finished great but I needed more cut so I went with 3d AAT finishing polish on a fresh Urofiber pad (and maroon urotech pad which seemed to do about the same thing with the AAT finishing polish)

    they are just not going to cut like a 100% cutting pad, I don`t care what anyone tells you..its the nature of the design...they just wont..but I think their true merit is with an AIO like PW-
    the cut they provide on a non abrasive polish like the PW- line ... its just unreal

    also I will add that I was able to cut DEEP with these pads and invincible primer on the cosmic high gloss hellcat I did- and the finish would have been ok for most people I`d imagine..but not for a mopar coming out of my garage so I added another step with the primer and a softer pad
    That`s what I expected. It`s the compound that is more important than the pad, although the pad is very important. I believe that any MF pad will leave some micromarring. That`s why I always finish with foam. It does sound like a great pad for mobile/production detailers needing to do quick work or just as a cutting pad.

  13. #13
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That`s what I expected. It`s the compound that is more important than the pad, although the pad is very important. I believe that any MF pad will leave some micromarring. That`s why I always finish with foam. It does sound like a great pad for mobile/production detailers needing to do quick work or just as a cutting pad.
    I won`t be using them for much two step work- unless a medium cut is all that`s needed and I can finish up with essence on foam pad or something similar

    but they sure are handy for light to moderate polishing and that`s tested and proven on a pitch black chevy, a metallic black raptor, and a pitch black mustang ... I even did a 50/50 with the same polish on a finishing pad and it did not add any noticeable gloss relative to what was already there from the urofiber pad and my Poorboys AIO


    Brandt K.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

  14. #14
    dontlikemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    Soooo the verdict is in.......drumroll please???....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    512detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kyle, Tx
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

    the drumrolls here are 10 hours long, lol


    Brandt K.
    Likes dontlikemyname liked this post

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Uro-Fiber Pads
    By ShaneB in forum Autopia-carcare.com
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 01:17 PM
  2. Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads
    By Todd@RUPES in forum Autopia-carcare.com
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
  3. *UPDATE*: Optimum Micro Fiber CUTTING Pads !!!
    By David Fermani in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 10:04 PM
  4. NEW: Optimum Micro Fiber Pads!!
    By David Fermani in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 05:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •