Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

So this will be my first time trying any Uro-Fiber pads. Supposedly they are able to compound, polish, and wax all at one step. Any of you used this combination? Do I need to prime the Uro-Fiber pads like I would with a foam pad? Any other tips for this set up? I will be trying this out on a 2007 Mazda CX-5 on Sunday hopefully. A client is wanting to sell their CX 5 and wanted to get it good as it can get (it does have clear coat failure and complete paint removed at a few spots). I will wash with CG Citrus wash, decon with Nanoskin Iron-fallout Remover (decent results on my personal car), clay, and then AIO HD Speed with the Uro-Fiber pad. Updates will follow in a brief write-up. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

I`ve been using the urofiber pads ever since they came out

I just treat them like a normal microfiber pad... a few more drops than normal on the first pass and then the usual 3 dots or so afterwards

I`ve never used them to apply wax or anything,, just for compounding, polishing and my preference (using them with an AIO like Poorboys PW- or recently with 3d AAT finishing polish which worked very well)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to find a compound that will work at high speed on the urofiber pads and not leave a mess to correct on black -- I don`t believe it can be done.. .at least not my standards of gloss BUT I`m looking forward to being wrong on this one day

Brandt K.
    Likes dontlikemyname liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

these pads are an absolute monster with a one step or AIO - just saying

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

[QUOTE=JustJesus;2109219 [/QUOTE]

It was actually that video that taunted me to buy the Uro Fiber pads. I just hope it hasn`t got my hopes up for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontlikemyname View Post
    It was actually that video that taunted me to buy the Uro Fiber pads. I just hope it hasn`t got my hopes up for nothing.

if you don`t like them I know a box in Texas you can mail them to

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It was actually 512detail`s input that made me buy a set. Looking forward to trying them out with PWC soon. Just waiting to schedule the job. Would have been the last job I did, but the owner didn`t realize the power outlets in the underground parking at his apartment complex aren`t actually on 24/7. So, no power access

Post Thanks / Like

Lol no power sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

How do they finish? I`ve been using microfiber pads since they first arrived and love them for cutting and fast defect removal, but I switch to foam for finishing. I`ve used the Meg`s finishing MF pads and they are just ok for finishing. I can see where they would be great for an AOI. Anyone used them with Essence?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How do they finish? I`ve been using microfiber pads since they first arrived and love them for cutting and fast defect removal, but I switch to foam for finishing. I`ve used the Meg`s finishing MF pads and they are just ok for finishing. I can see where they would be great for an AOI. Anyone used them with Essence?
    yea I tried them with essence on my dads denali (the black cherry Yukon)

they cut better than the rupes yellow foam pad and finished great but I needed more cut so I went with 3d AAT finishing polish on a fresh Urofiber pad (and maroon urotech pad which seemed to do about the same thing with the AAT finishing polish)

they are just not going to cut like a 100% cutting pad, I don`t care what anyone tells you..its the nature of the design...they just wont..but I think their true merit is with an AIO like PW-
    the cut they provide on a non abrasive polish like the PW- line ... its just unreal

also I will add that I was able to cut DEEP with these pads and invincible primer on the cosmic high gloss hellcat I did- and the finish would have been ok for most people I`d imagine..but not for a mopar coming out of my garage so I added another step with the primer and a softer pad

Brandt K.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    yea I tried them with essence on my dads denali (the black cherry Yukon)

they cut better than the rupes yellow foam pad and finished great but I needed more cut so I went with 3d AAT finishing polish on a fresh Urofiber pad (and maroon urotech pad which seemed to do about the same thing with the AAT finishing polish)

they are just not going to cut like a 100% cutting pad, I don`t care what anyone tells you..its the nature of the design...they just wont..but I think their true merit is with an AIO like PW-
    the cut they provide on a non abrasive polish like the PW- line ... its just unreal

also I will add that I was able to cut DEEP with these pads and invincible primer on the cosmic high gloss hellcat I did- and the finish would have been ok for most people I`d imagine..but not for a mopar coming out of my garage so I added another step with the primer and a softer pad
    That`s what I expected. It`s the compound that is more important than the pad, although the pad is very important. I believe that any MF pad will leave some micromarring. That`s why I always finish with foam. It does sound like a great pad for mobile/production detailers needing to do quick work or just as a cutting pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That`s what I expected. It`s the compound that is more important than the pad, although the pad is very important. I believe that any MF pad will leave some micromarring. That`s why I always finish with foam. It does sound like a great pad for mobile/production detailers needing to do quick work or just as a cutting pad.
    I won`t be using them for much two step work- unless a medium cut is all that`s needed and I can finish up with essence on foam pad or something similar

but they sure are handy for light to moderate polishing and that`s tested and proven on a pitch black chevy, a metallic black raptor, and a pitch black mustang ... I even did a 50/50 with the same polish on a finishing pad and it did not add any noticeable gloss relative to what was already there from the urofiber pad and my Poorboys AIO

Brandt K.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo the verdict is in.......drumroll please???....

Post Thanks / Like

the drumrolls here are 10 hours long, lol

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information