Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

my advice... buy more than one of each pad because youre going to LOVE using them with an AIO

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

Drumroll can stop.... I absolutely love the HD Speed and Uro Fiber combo.... on my 5 series it had some swirls from the dealer taking it through their car wash...a before and after512...I will definitely be purchasing more of these. Like you say...I do love them.
    This was the Rupes 21 only on speed 4 with 2 passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dontlikemyname View Post
    Drumroll can stop.... I absolutely love the HD Speed and Uro Fiber combo.... on my 5 series it had some swirls from the dealer taking it through their car wash...a before and after512...I will definitely be purchasing more of these. Like you say...I do love them.
    This was the Rupes 21 only on speed 4 with 2 passes.

nice! I like speed 4-5 when using with AIOs - I`ve found you can even give it some pressure and it still finishes great

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    nice! I like speed 4-5 when using with AIOs - I`ve found you can even give it some pressure and it still finishes great
    I might try 5 tomorrow. Sorry I won`t be sending that package to Texas lol. But if you`re ever in Huntsville, AL you`re welcome to stop on by. Thanks for the help today, I`ll be completing my car tomorrow and then Sunday I`ll be working on a clients Mazda...it`s a light metallic grey. I`ll post a write up on it because it`s HORRID! I`ll have to work around the clear coat failure and missing paint lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    but they sure are handy for light to moderate polishing and that`s tested and proven on a pitch black chevy, a metallic black raptor, and a pitch black mustang ...
    And now we can add a Black sapphire metallic BMW!

Definitely PROVEN!

Post Thanks / Like

So the old Buff and Shine microfiber pads cuts better. I guess ill stick with Megs and Lake Country microfiber pads. I rather use a foam for one step and finishing and use maxium cut microfiber pads.
    Rupes 21 MK3 | Rupes 15 MK3 | Rupes Duetto | Rupes Mini | Rupes Nano iBrid | Rupes LH19E

Post Thanks / Like

Boss Microfiber pads have become my favorite. I am officially willing to pay any price for them they are that good. Buff and Shine makes the best and most durable foams of any pad company IME but other than the 4" B&S Microfiber cutting pad, I don`t like how thick their original Microfiber pads are and even though I`ve had very limited experience with the new uro-fiber pads I really wish that instead of trying the short nap microfiber paired with a thin foam interface, they would have use a thicker nap microfiber paired with the thin open-cell uro-fiber interface foam.

I`m certain that over time we will discover the uro-fiber pads are the most durable, but I also think that in time the majority of us will come to the conclusion that boss microfiber pads will be the top dog for 1-step polishing.

If B&S could either slim down the interface of their original microfiber cutting pads or incorporate the uro-fibers open-cell thin interface design with their older thick microfiber nap for increased performance on convex panels, I would never look back.

Also, I just received some of the new LC Microfiber cutting and finishing pads and I am very eager to use them tomorrow to see how comparable they are in performance to megs mf cutting pads. After trying the "ultra-fiber" I almost stopped using LC pads all together but it sounds like they really did their research on these pads before releasing them so I`ve got high hopes. They certainly look EXACTLY like megs pads which I`m thrilled about because I`d much rather support LC

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good comparo between Meg`s , LC, Boss, and B&S microfiber cutting pads. MF pads have been a big game changer in the detailing world.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed and Uro-Fiber 6` pads

Here`s the finished results on a Black Sapphire Metallic 5 series...I`m definitely sold on the combo. It removes swirl marks and medium RIDS with little to no effort. I used a Rupes 21 with the 6" Uro-Fiber pads, HD Speed, and the Rupes was on about 4 1/2 setting....

Likes PRND[S], lxjeremy, Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to use the LC microfiber pads today on a black porsche boxster and was VERY impressed. I will have to use them several more times to see how they hold up, but they really do cut like Megs Microfiber pads but are much smoother. Looking forward to doing more testing but am happy to see they made some great changes to their new microfiber pads!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information