Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed "FILLER BUSTER"

I made my own vid using Speed+ (mixed as my super speed) to add to the proof that there are no fillers. This was on a Black Cadillac that was trashed. Here is the link. hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzJe6UL7ZhQ
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed "FILLER BUSTER"

Cool demo,thanks for sharing . What`s the GSM on the Eurows you`re using? I got the yellow ones which are around 350 but have not tested them for polish removal . They seem to be working fine for everything else though, I just hate having to remove the tag off all those towels when I get them because some get a bit damaged.

Post Thanks / Like

Not saying there are dedicated fillers in Speed, but if you want to see it`s ability to hide defects a simple test by wiping it on like a wax will show that. This would be the same for most any polish and especially an AIO. It`s also the reason a wipe down should be performed on a test spot, even if you`re just doing a quick AIO detail.

Left side, hand applied Speed in the same manner you`d apply a wax/sealant.

Likes donbeezy, JustJesus, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

He corrected all his flaws in paint, which is why their wasn`t anything to potentially fill/mask

Everything has a potential to fill...weather it be polishing oils, carnuaba/montan,glassiplexon, or a true glaze filler..
    http://facebook.com/ShineStruckAutoDetailing/

http://shinestruck.net
    Likes RaskyR1, LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who doesn`t sell an all in one (AIO) as a true correction? I simply sell it as a gloss enhancement with short term protection. Can you achieve correction with an AIO? Absolutely. But if I`m spending that long to intentionally work the product to achieve a high level of correction, I will skip it and go straight to HD Polish and follow with an LSP.
    Likes RaskyR1, 512detail, danlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn`t sell an all in one (AIO) as a true correction? I simply sell it as a gloss enhancement with short term protection. Can you achieve correction with an AIO? Absolutely. But if I`m spending that long to intentionally work the product to achieve a high level of correction, I will skip it and go straight to HD Polish and follow with an LSP.
    You and me both. I always clarify that it`s a great first step to bringing your finish back to looking really great - but there`s room for improvement if you value it.
    Likes rwright liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, I also sell it as such...production polish
    Just enough to enhance the clarity/color for an cheap option for those who don`t want to pay 450 for a real once step
    http://facebook.com/ShineStruckAutoDetailing/

http://shinestruck.net

Post Thanks / Like

You`re not, I only advertise it as 20-40% light defect removal (even though it gives me more) as a gloss enhancer and not true paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

AIO is my answer to all the volume shops around me that advertise a 40 step process, cut, polish, fill, glaze, stare, wipe, clay, lube, wipe, dry, eat, nap, polish, wax, seal, top, spray, wipe etc.

Basically, yeah it`s a gloss enhancement for those not interested in correction
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Migue, 512detail, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

EVIDENTLY YOU PEOPLE DID NOT ALSO LISTEN AND READ. I ALSO STATED THAT I BUMPED UP THE MIX AND EXPLAINED IT. DID YOU WATCH THE WHOLE THING? Sure I could have done 2 steps,, BUT WHY?? same amount of time used , AND why would I want to give a car back with the same problems HIDDEN again? was that above picture cleaned off with 25%? I could have just hit it allwith standard speed and told them yep your only getting 25/30 of the problem hidden. NOT HOW I DO BUSINESS. If I am just doing a standard one step, yea I just hit and quit with speed, but come on its a black caddie and if the one space they knew was bad was fixed, then the rest of the car would have looked half assed. I dont play that "gosa".

I also told them I was one stepping the car after the one fix area. I just did not like the way it looked using a faster method. and I was able to give 90% over most the car. Why dont you guys watch the other vids with the post wash inspection and the full after job to see the rest of the product. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj6c3AcUSvs
    and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9B31xdu5XQ
    but thank you for your comments.

Post Thanks / Like

The car looks good, and the only suggestion I have is: Turn your phone sideways, to eliminate those black bars on your youtube videos.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    EVIDENTLY YOU PEOPLE DID NOT ALSO LISTEN AND READ. I ALSO STATED THAT I BUMPED UP THE MIX AND EXPLAINED IT. DID YOU WATCH THE WHOLE THING? Sure I could have done 2 steps,, BUT WHY?? same amount of time used , AND why would I want to give a car back with the same problems HIDDEN again? was that above picture cleaned off with 25%? I could have just hit it allwith standard speed and told them yep your only getting 25/30 of the problem hidden. NOT HOW I DO BUSINESS. If I am just doing a standard one step, yea I just hit and quit with speed, but come on its a black caddie and if the one space they knew was bad was fixed, then the rest of the car would have looked half assed. I dont play that "gosa".

I also told them I was one stepping the car after the one fix area. I just did not like the way it looked using a faster method. and I was able to give 90% over most the car. Why dont you guys watch the other vids with the post wash inspection and the full after job to see the rest of the product. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj6c3AcUSvs
    and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9B31xdu5XQ
    but thank you for your comments.
    The picture was to simply show that it "can" hide/fill defects, not that it`s meant to do that. Wiping with a panel wipe right away removes this, but this is something few do with an AIO. The product it very capable of removing defects and finishing down well, assuming proper technique and pad choice.

I will however point out that your attempt at doing a Speed "FILLER BUSTER" test failed the second you mixed other products with it. I would also question how well a MF pad actually finished down, especially being black Cadillac paint. Only time I`ve seen a MF pad finish down perfectly is with CarPro Essence, and in that case it`s filling in the fain DA haze.

Just my $.02. Nothing against Speed, which is great product.
    Likes PRND[S], Stokdgs, DBAILEY, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, yes I realize I didnt use pure speed, So I did say that up front. As to how that pad finished out, Just look at the finished vid. I did the whole care with the Griots Garage 5" BOSS MF pad. So it finished down great. Then I used POXY as a final and let it dwell for 6 hours. The paint finished great. In my after vid I do also say that its not perfect but compared to what drove in, it looked like a new car driving out. The name I picked should have been "My super speed mix" But with the politics the way they were, I just liked the play on words. Ill probably go in and change the name of it to better represent. I still think I showed that even with my added products, that when wiped down, my correction, had no fillers hiding the result, which in essence was what I was trying to get across.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just work with what I have and at that point it was a cloths basket with all the clients personal stuff in it and the phone jammed down in it LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information