Re: What`s Up with HD Adapt?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    was it discontinued cause of AAT?
    I have no idea there. just a thought

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I never tried Adapt. What was wrong with it?
    Nothing! It was great. This IS a bummer. So much for "find what you like and use it a lot".
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Nothing! It was great. This IS a bummer. So much for "find what you like and use it a lot".
    hey what do you think the shelf life is on my gallon of adapt/poxy (stored inside)- it also has pump dispenser on it

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Yeah adapt was my go to product
    I used it as a medium polish which or downgrade abraisive pad and use it as finishing polish.
    If I needed something with heavier cut I used scholls s3 XXL

Guess I`ll be in search for a different product, cause I think AAT is too pricey and it`s also rated for less cut hen Adapt

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting to see what David Fermani has to say about it...
    Likes 512detail, David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I see you are not the only one who has experienced this. I`ve experienced this on this forum, the 3D youtube channel, their facebook page and their store in Santa Ana, CA. It`s like no information is passed along. It is another reason why I have ditched using 3D products. That and for some other reasons.
    I`ve seen some of those interactions/posts, and pretty much agree with you. The AAT is the only new thing I`m trying next. HD Polish is still on my faves list. Aside from that, I`ve pretty much ditched the product line. Polish might be the only thing I restock up on from them. We`ll see.

edit: - to be clear, I don`t dislike their product line. I love the stuff I`ve used, but the reasons mentioned earlier are why I wouldn`t try anything new. It`s hard to put my trust (AND MONEY) into something when there`s that miscommunication (can`t find a better word)
    Likes The Guz, Stokdgs, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They don`t do so well with logistics and communication, that`s for sure. Very unfortunate.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Real question: What`s the miscommunication? Menzerna is doing fine with no press releases other than product launches, just like 3D did. Maybe, detailers never found a need to switch.
    Example: I liked 3D Cut, but no more than FG400. Cut wiped easier, but FG400 cut better and finished nicer. So, no need to switch.
    Likes Stokdgs, David Fermani liked this post
    Thanks kylemstn thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

How did Adapt compare to Meguires Solo #86? The Meguires Solo says it does the same thing as Adapt. I`ve never tried either one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Real question: What`s the miscommunication? Menzerna is doing fine with no press releases other than product launches, just like 3D did. Maybe, detailers never found a need to switch.
    Example: I liked 3D Cut, but no more than FG400. Cut wiped easier, but FG400 cut better and finished nicer. So, no need to switch.
    They announced those new pads a while back, but weren`t prepared to sell them for a long time after. And they couldn`t explain why. Nobody had AAT Compound for a while months ago, no word from 3D. Now eyre out of adapt, again no word from 3D. Somebody here emailed Ben with a problem, couldn`t get an answer about it.

Great products, but clearly managing production and communicating with their customers isn`t their strong suit.
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

would griots correcting cream be similar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I figured adapt might not last long with the AAT twins out.. I guess ADAPT was just their stepping stone to those

great product. love it on the UHS pad

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    Waiting to see what David Fermani has to say about it...
    Bingo! With the advancement of the AAT system (for example 501/502/Cut+) it somewhat made HD Adapt redundant. You should be able to obtain similar results as Adapt with 3D AAT Finishing Polish. It`s just not marketed for this. Heck, with the right foam pad HD Cut+ can cut and finish really well. Keep in mind that 3D is constantly trying to simplify their product line. Unlike many of our competitors having multiple different kinds of polishing compounds, cleaners and dressings we try making 1-2 really great offerings so it doesn`t confuse our customers. Another reason why our slogan is Detailing Made Simple!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Bingo! With the advancement of the AAT system (for example 501/502/Cut+) it somewhat made HD Adapt redundant. You should be able to obtain similar results as Adapt with 3D AAT Finishing Polish. It`s just not marketed for this. Heck, with the right foam pad HD Cut+ can cut and finish really well. Keep in mind that 3D is constantly trying to simplify their product line. Unlike many of our competitors having multiple different kinds of polishing compounds, cleaners and dressings we try making 1-2 really great offerings so it doesn`t confuse our customers. Another reason why our slogan is Detailing Made Simple!
    ive used 2 two ounces of 3d AAT compound and 1 2oz of AAT polish

AAT Compound is, without a doubt, the best and easiest heavy cutting compound I have ever used...the results I got with that on a green bmw and white cobra were stunning AND almost LSP ready

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    3D needs to get with it. I just asked the guy at the 3D Fontana,Ca. store last week if Adapt was going away because it wasn`t on the website and he said not that he knew of so I chose not to get a bottle right then. Plus they didn`t have any BDX again! The whole reason I went down there.
    Sorry this happened! With over 100 different distributors in over 40 different countries it`s been a challenge to spread the word effectively. Sounds like BDX may have been a big seller for them them as to the reason why they were out? Regardless, I`ve been in this same situation and it really erks me. Hopefully you got your hands on some later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    ive used 2 two ounces of 3d AAT compound and 1 2oz of AAT polish

AAT Compound is, without a doubt, the best and easiest heavy cutting compound I have ever used...the results I got with that on a green bmw and white cobra were stunning AND almost LSP ready
    Hmmm? That`s sounds like a great test! Because these products are quite similar, you`re most likely leveling out the abrasives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information