Post Thanks / Like

HD Dress Problem--Ideas??

This past weekend did a complete detail of my wife`s black Golf. As part of the prep process cleaned all the plastic trim with 3D Orange Degreaser. Tim was taped during the polishing (Prima Amigo) and waxing (DK1000p) and received an IPA wipe down prior to applying the HD Dress to all the plastic trim--both pebble grain and smooth plastic.

Car sat for 48 hours before it was used yesterday when we went to the movies. Came out of the theater and of course it had rained since I just detailed the car, but most disturbing was that the HD Dress had ran off all the trim and created oily like runs all over the paint anywhere that was just below the trim.

I`ve been using Dress for nearly a year and never had this problem.

Any ideas as to what could have caused this????
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Dress Problem--Ideas??

Maybe it wasn`t buffed out as much as it needed to be? something similar has happened to me, i noticed runny spots on the trim itself and i think i might have applied it too thick without buffing enough out.
    Likes pwaug liked this post
    Thanks Mary B, pwaug thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. UPS has a bottle waiting for me and I`ll be trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Maybe it wasn`t buffed out as much as it needed to be? something similar has happened to me, i noticed runny spots on the trim itself and i think i might have applied it too thick without buffing enough out.
    This may have been the issue now that you mention it. In the past I`ve always applied trim dressing with just the corner of a MF towel so it naturally got buffed in. This time I used a small trim sponge and never thought to buff off the excess. Thanks!!!
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    This may have been the issue now that you mention it. In the past I`ve always applied trim dressing with just the corner of a MF towel so it naturally got buffed in. This time I used a small trim sponge and never thought to buff off the excess. Thanks!!!
    You got it then, that is my method of application and I always follow up with a towel. The applicator sponges leave a lot of product sitting on the surface and I used to get carried away then spray too much in the sponge,ending with a layer that was too thick.

Post Thanks / Like

pwaug - Just wanted to see if you were able to figure this one out? Sounds like there could of been too much applied and/or not buffed in causing it to cause run off?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information