Post Thanks / Like

Any Possibility of More Concentrated 3d Pink Car Soap?

So I love the 3d Pink Car Soap. Great scent, great suds, good lubricity, and no wax or gloss enhancers. I use it in my wheel bucket and as my prep soap for a full detail. However, with so many soaps on the market now, I find myself using 3d pink less and less because it is not very concentrated. 1oz to 1 gallon of water? I need to add 4oz or more to my bucket, plus 2oz in my foam gun. A total of 6oz of soap per wash? Im sorry but that is not very concentrated. Some soaps with similar performance I use 2oz for a total wash. Any possibility someone at 3d could make it more concentrated?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Possibility of More Concentrated 3d Pink Car Soap?

Have you looked at it on a cost per ounce basis?

it might change your opinion about how important the dilution ratio actually is.
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr
    Likes RaysWay, 4u2nvinmtl, m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that my shampoo mix(es) are perhaps a bit outside-the-box given my foamgun-centric washes....

I pay little attention to the recommended dilution ratios and go by what works best for me. Im using the 3D at about the same ratio as I use/used Griots Car Wash and the 3D seems to clean better at that strength while still being LSP-friendly and rinsing easily.

I dunno if Id *want* the 3D Pink more concentrated. It already seems pretty thick and takes more agitation to mix than my other shampoos. If Im not careful, I can end up with a blob of unmixed Pink in the neck of my Shampoo Concentrate jug, gotta shake it a *lot* to get that blob dissolved.

allenk4- Yeah, IMO If you buy their 5 gallon bucket when its on sale, the 3D is downright *cheap* compared to the other shampoos I find acceptable.

m54daboll- Different people like different stuff when it comes to shampoos, dont mean the above to sound critical.
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Like allenk4 said.

Are you more concerned about convenience? Or is it a cost thing? 3D Pink isnt a bad deal. Mid range cost when you buy a gallon.

Some examples below. (When you factor in dilution ratios, the cost of a MIXED gallon of car wash)

CG Citrus Wash and Gloss - 0.04/ per gallon
    3D Pink - 0.14/ per gallon
    Carpro Reset - 0.18/ per gallon (rounded figure, taking into account the conversion of mL to ounces)
    Griots Car Wash - 0.16/ per gallon
    Megs Hyper - 0.04/ per gallon
    Optimum - 0.11/ per gallon

Again, this is taking into account the dilution ratios.
    *Prices taken from ACC site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

allenk4- Yeah, IMO If you buy their 5 gallon bucket when its on sale, the 3D is downright *cheap* compared to the other shampoos I find acceptable.
    Yes! Downright ridiculous what I paid for it!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that my shampoo mix(es) are perhaps a bit outside-the-box given my foamgun-centric washes....

I pay little attention to the recommended dilution ratios and go by what works best for me. Im using the 3D at about the same ratio as I use/used Griots Car Wash and the 3D seems to clean better at that strength while still being LSP-friendly and rinsing easily.

I dunno if Id *want* the 3D Pink more concentrated. It already seems pretty thick and takes more agitation to mix than my other shampoos. If Im not careful, I can end up with a blob of unmixed Pink in the neck of my Shampoo Concentrate jug, gotta shake it a *lot* to get that blob dissolved.

m54daboll- Different people like different stuff when it comes to shampoos, dont mean the above to sound critical.
    What is your dilution ratio (bucket,not foam gun) to wash with the 3D soap? I currently follow what is on the label.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    What is your dilution ratio (bucket,not foam gun) to wash with the 3D soap? I currently follow what is on the label.
    Sorry, Im not really gonna be of much help as I dont mix my Wash Bucket shampoo with the intention of it being a significant factor...meaning that my Wash Bucket is really just a "clean wash media repository" and I rely on the foamguns output to be the "working shampoo".

My utterly wild guess is that I use about one oz/gallon.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Its so ridiculously cheap just double the amount!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not cost. Mostly convenience haha. I just tend to like soaps that have higher dilution ratios. No big deal. I still love the 3d pink and will probably pick up a 5 gallon soon!
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Thread Information