Post Thanks / Like

Did first car clinic, had run in with cone, left mark, ready to use HD speed ...

Well I finally did my first Bmw car control clinic and while navigating the figure eight hit and dragged a cone with the lower part of my driver`s side door. Left a good mark. I was thinking oh no. After the event and before I drove home hit it with some HD touch and nothing was removed. Oh well I guess I will get to use my HD polisher after all. Did a HD rinse free wash on the car and was amazed that the HD express wax still held up. I then got my polisher out and looked at the side of the car and the only thing left was a few gummy like strings. I then took a fine clay towel and worked the area and lo and behold the mark was gone. I was relieved but a bit sad since I did it get to use my polisher.

Is this typical with hard clear coats and cones or other like materials?

Thanks,
    Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did first car clinic, had run in with cone, left mark, ready to use HD speed ....

Pretty much anything that rubs on paint will leave something behind...
    Lucky for you it was a plastic cone and it left some plastic that was easily removed..

If you had to use a claytowel, you have probably removed whatever LSP was on that area, so it might be a good idea to reapply some, ok ?

I have had to remove rubs on paint that contacted, or was contacted by other painted objects and have always been able to remove the paint but of course, if its against metal and there was enough force, not the dents, etc., that came with it...

Like to use a small pad on my Makita 9227C and something like M105 with moisture and just enough low speed and pressure to get the paint rub off quickly, and leave a nice glossy finish that M105 can always produce if you want to take the time to work it..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did first car clinic, had run in with cone, left mark, ready to use HD speed ....

Stokdgs- You Rotary-Meisters who can get M105 to finish out so nicely make me envious!

driggett- Glad you got it sorted out so easily. I keep thinking I need to get some temporary PPF for such events, sooner or later I`m gonna hit a cone.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did first car clinic, had run in with cone, left mark, ready to use HD speed ...

I bought track tape but thought I would not need it for this but was wrong and now I know where to place it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did first car clinic, had run in with cone, left mark, ready to use HD speed ...

Stokdgs- thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a customer who raced her Vette and it always had cone marks afterward . Goof off works very well for removing that. The professional strength even better.
    Prayer of St.Francis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ni2...endscreen&NR=1

Thread Information