Thread: Poxy Gone Bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Poxy Gone Bad?

About a year ago I received two bottles of Poxy as a gift with purchase. Shortly after receiving them I noticed that the bottles started to cave in, and while I don’t remember exactly what the Poxy itself looked like, it now kind of looks like cottage cheese. No amount of shaking, which I have done from time to time, will solidify the product completely, or return the bottles to a normal shape. And, yes, I tried the ball bearing trick. Both bottles are stored inside the house, where they haven’t been exposed to heat or cold.

I haven’t experienced the bottle distortion with anything else, so I don`t know if it’s typical of Poxy, or if there are other types of products that can cause a bottle to lose its shape. Considering how the Poxy now looks, I wasn`t sure if I should even try it, or if it was bad to begin with and should just be tossed. Does it typically look more like a polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poxy Gone Bad?

I had a similar experience with the bottle of poxy I had ordered awhile ago. Ended up shaking it pretty violently for a good 5-10 minutes but eventually it all mixed back up. Was a real pain cause the bottle was full to the top so the liquid didn`t really have room to move/mix

Post Thanks / Like

Shake it like a polaroid for a good bit, leave it, then come back and do it again. It should re-constitute back together hopefully. I had to shake the ever living crud out of it for a good while. Maybe make friends with the paint guy at home depot and let him put it in the mixer for you lol

Post Thanks / Like

Put a ball bearing or large nut in the bottle. It will help with the mixing.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I had a similar experience with the bottle of poxy I had ordered awhile ago. Ended up shaking it pretty violently for a good 5-10 minutes but eventually it all mixed back up. Was a real pain cause the bottle was full to the top so the liquid didn`t really have room to move/mix
    You`re right about the bottles being full, but I can hear it sloshing around. It just doesn`t seem to mix into a smooth consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by spoocobra View Post
    Shake it like a polaroid for a good bit, leave it, then come back and do it again. It should re-constitute back together hopefully. I had to shake the ever living crud out of it for a good while. Maybe make friends with the paint guy at home depot and let him put it in the mixer for you lol
    I`ve tried doing exactly what you suggested - the shaking part - but it didn`t make much of a difference. I had considered taking it to a local paint store, but because of the size and shape of the bottle didn`t know if they`d be able to clamp it in the machine that shakes the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Put a ball bearing or large nut in the bottle. It will help with the mixing.
    Already tried that, but thanks for the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Worse came to worse I know Home Depot and Lowes sell quart and gallon paint cans. Dump it in one and I`m sure the paint department can clamp that.

Post Thanks / Like

My bottle is caved in also, but the Poxy is still like a heavy suntan lotion. Try submerging the bottle in very hot water for 15 minutes then shake it up for a good while with the ball bearing in the bottle. If that doesn`t work contact HD Customer Service.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

My poxy was caved in when it came in last week. I thought the pastey yellow was how it was suppose to look?
    -Adrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EzyBrzy View Post
    My poxy was caved in when it came in last week. I thought the pastey yellow was how it was suppose to look?
    Yes it is a pasty yellow but the consistency of suntan lotion.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Yes it is a pasty yellow but the consistency of suntan lotion.
    That`s how mine was. Thick. . . Used it on someones car last night. . . Came out fine?, I think? lol
    -Adrian

Thread Information