Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If HD speed is a combination of products has anybody made their own combos?

I was wondering if anybody has come up with good formulas to make combos of HD products that make sense for different type of jobs. For instance one between cut and polish (which is adapt I know) or combining HD touch with HD Express for all in one weekly waterless cleaner.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If HD speed is a combination of products has anybody made their own combos?

I think I remember reading someone mixing a small portion of HD cut with either; Polish and Poxy, or Speed inside of a ketchup bottle. Called it Super Speed lol. Kinda interested on how well it works lol.
    -Adrian

Post Thanks / Like

I mix D114 Rinseless wash (1:128) and D156 spray wax in a ratio of like 4:1 (D114156) to somewhat get more milage on my D156. (I use this mixture as a waterless wash, instead of a rinseless) If we`re talking nicknames of our concocutions, I`d call it D270 Rinseless Wax.

Then again, there is already D115 looooool.

I have pondered to mix Ultimate Liquid Wax, and D156 in a bottle, to make a somewhat roided up version of D156, but it would probably need a bit more buffing as said by another forum member when I mentioned it.

It would probably be easier to mix D156 and Paint Protect 365, since I already attached a spray head onto the PP365 bottle to make it easier to put onto a pad that I use.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I mixed CKQS and 845 back in the day- I can`t say that it was a resounding success, but it was worth a shot.
    I`d be interested in a compound/sealant combo

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I ever tried was using poorboys PwS and pro polish 2. 2 dime drops of each on the pad. Didn`t mix them in a bottle but wanted more cut while still leaving some protection behind. Actually worked pretty good. Can`t speak for how long it lasted though

Post Thanks / Like

I hear if you mix 75% HD Polish with 25% HD Poxy, you get a really nice product.

I have heard from a few mixing HD Cut with HD Polish with get a nice semi-agressive polish. I don`t know the ratio though.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products
    Likes spoocobra, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy, spoocobra thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@3D View Post
    I hear if you mix 75% HD Polish with 25% HD Poxy, you get a really nice product. .
    Ben,
    So does HD Speed contain proxy or just the Montan wax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It contains 25% Poxy I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Ben,
    If one wants a milder version of HD Speed could they mix it with HD Poxy to get let`s say a 50/50 ratio and would this be truly milder in abrasion?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

what i`ve been wondering is that people rave about the cutting ability of hd speed while finishing well , so does that mean hd polish would cut as much with the same pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by driggett View Post
    Ben,
    If one wants a milder version of HD Speed could they mix it with HD Poxy to get let`s say a 50/50 ratio and would this be truly milder in abrasion?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    I imagine you could. There would be next no polishing power though. You might have to experiment with different ratios.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04accord View Post
    what i`ve been wondering is that people rave about the cutting ability of hd speed while finishing well , so does that mean hd polish would cut as much with the same pad?
    HD Polish would have a bit more cut, but be about the same to a non-discerning eye.

Post Thanks / Like

From beamerstrumpet

SPEED = polish and poxy

Hey everyone. Speed has Poxy in it. I make what I call SUPER SPEED. TAKE KETCHUP TYPE BOTTLE, I fill it 1/2 or better with speed. then I just add 1/4 of cut and 1/4 more polish and top off with more poxy. Then shake the bejezesus out of it and or stir.. ITS A BEAST. Using speed alone is great. bumping it up, even better. Wipe off is just as easy. Speed and all the products have a amazing working time. I let my mix sit for about 5 min for the poxy to do its thing. If I just do speed, and want extra protection for the longer lasting effect, then I use poxy on top, and let it sit over night , on my own car, but at least 30 to 45 min for a client if I have the time. Remember, Poxy goes a long way! CAUTION CAUTION ...HYDRO2 DOES NOT LIKE GOING ON TOP! SO DONT TRY USING THAT ON TOP OF ANY OF THE SPEED OR POXY PRODUCTS. It should be fine after polish or cut.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder... If speed is simply 75% polish 25% poxy, could one make up a similar product using 75% adapt and 25% poxy? Seeing how adapt is a beast at removing heavier defects and finishing LSP ready in most cases, it would make for one hell of an AIO. I`m going to try this!
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes jrock645, Ben@3D liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spoocobra View Post
    From beamerstrumpet

SPEED = polish and poxy

Hey everyone. Speed has Poxy in it. I make what I call SUPER SPEED. TAKE KETCHUP TYPE BOTTLE, I fill it 1/2 or better with speed. then I just add 1/4 of cut and 1/4 more polish and top off with more poxy. Then shake the bejezesus out of it and or stir.. ITS A BEAST. Using speed alone is great. bumping it up, even better. Wipe off is just as easy. Speed and all the products have a amazing working time. I let my mix sit for about 5 min for the poxy to do its thing. If I just do speed, and want extra protection for the longer lasting effect, then I use poxy on top, and let it sit over night , on my own car, but at least 30 to 45 min for a client if I have the time. Remember, Poxy goes a long way! CAUTION CAUTION ...HYDRO2 DOES NOT LIKE GOING ON TOP! SO DONT TRY USING THAT ON TOP OF ANY OF THE SPEED OR POXY PRODUCTS. It should be fine after polish or cut.
    I`m going to try a custom mixture...but since I don`t have cut, I`ll use poxy speed and adapt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information