Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If HD speed is a combination of products has anybody made their own combos?

Yeah, great idea. I have poxy, SPEED and cut in my arsenal!

Post Thanks / Like

OK IM REPEATING WHERE SOMEONE FOUND MY ORIGINAL POST.

I make what I call SUPER SPEED. SORTA mix like this, I have no exact other than my eyeball: (ketchup bottle or product bottle of some sort) 1/2 +/- speed mix equally 20% more of polish and cut, then the last 10% with poxy. STIR AND SHAKE IT TILL WELL MIXED. Pretty much what I use for all cars that need a little more umph than just speed. W speed I use a B&S green, with super speed I use green or white or orange depending on how I want to work it.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

This was just done tonight using the SUPER SPEED mix. GG6 with 5" backing plate and MF pads.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I think it speaks for its self.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! This mix works really really well matte.

https://m.facebook.com/Mauri-Motor-689588047801936/

Post Thanks / Like

I`m really excited to try this product line. i have some adapt and polish. however after reading this thread i`m getting the itch to mix. I just can`t justify buying poxy when i have a gal of DG105 sitting in the garage.

Is DG105 and Poxy similar? Do you think i can mix the two with similar affects. In theory the 105 wont last as long if i do it this way. But it already lasts longer than most sealants

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mix product lines. Poxy is monton wax and polymers. I dont know what DG105 has. Adapt is compound and some polish. speed is polish, and poxy pretty much. I add cut to the speed. If you do mix it dont do a whole lot, test in small batch(very small) and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill echo the comment to not mix products.

Poxy & Polish will not equate to HD Speed. And HD Cut and Polish are not HD Adapt. Each product has its own unique DNA and requires precise gonization during the manufacturing process.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Ill echo the comment to not mix products.

Poxy & Polish will not equate to HD Speed. And HD Cut and Polish are not HD Adapt. Each product has its own unique DNA and requires precise gonization during the manufacturing process.
    I can respect that Dave, However I do find that by adding in like I posted above, the results are OUTSTANDING. IDK about the rest of it but it works. Now when I use Nitro, will adapt interfere with it, and guessing speed with a nitro topper would be ill advised also. should I just go with the polish and then nitro? The mixing of totally different lines I can see as really bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive done quite a few applications with Nitro Seal over HD Speed with great success, but ideally I would put Nitro Seal over HD Polish so it produces the best possible bond.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes beamerstrumpet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you David!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information