Post Thanks / Like

If using HD Touch once a week on top of HD Poxy do I need HD Express?

Is touch once a week .good enough or should I add express to the line up every two or four weeks? I try to use only WW for my car weekly and only giving it a good bath once every month or two.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If using HD Touch once a week on top of HD Poxy do I need HD Express?

It`s totally up to you, but with how easy Express is you can`t loose by using it often. Try using it as you Gina dry your panel and it will speed things up and make the surface super slick.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really like using our Waterless Wash/Touch via both rinseless & waterlessly. Pre-spray the panel with a 1 to 4 mix of either 3D WW or HD Touch and then wet wipe the panel with a 1 ounce to 1 gallon mixed in a bucket. After making the initial wipe down to remove the dirt, apply a squirt of Express and then dry.

Post Thanks / Like

If using HD Touch once a week on top of HD Poxy do I need HD Express?

David,
    do you dilute the touch the same dilution as WW? So your regiment you just outlined is what I normally do when doing a rinseless wash but you added the step of the express as the drying/wax boosting agent.
    Is this correct?
    Do you find this method better to protect the paint then just using HD Touch straight? What I mean by this is spray Touch on a panel and let sit for a minute and then wipe off with q clean section of a microfiber towel each pass and then buff to shine?

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I personally don`t change the dilutions even though Touch is a bit more concentrated.

Yes, adding a squirt of Express helps displace the water and helps dry the car.

Express is a dedicated wax, so most certainly it will protect the finish better that Touch alone.

You don`t need to let Touch sit on the surface. Just spray adequately and wipe.
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

drigget-

I would use Touch as a light maintenance product every week, as you are doing.

Express, in my mind, would come into play every 4 weeks or so. With a base layer of Poxy already existing, Express is going to bolster the existing protection and add gloss. You could keep adding Express once a month to your maintenance schedule and continue this until you feel a need to detail the car (wash/ clay/ polish/ Poxy) without much worry about degraded protection during said span of time. Express is pretty darn durable for a speed wax. I wouldn`t necessarily categorize it as a spray wax but now I am getting into semantics and that doesn`t matter.

When applying, keep Express THIN, spread it briskly, remove it immediately. You should be able to apply it to a mid-size sedan with 10- 12 (possibly less) trigger pulls out of the sprayer and that includes priming your applicator with one spray first.

Best regards,
    -Gabe
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Thread Information