Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to top Speed with?

Again AIO is matter of preference myself a polish and LSP. This come from a weekend detailer like myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    When you wipe the car...you always do it section by section, unless you have extra arms (photos please).
    I don`t think you read my post. I understand how you like to do YOUR process.

I`m saying that you (meaning any person) can wait to wipe to car with Speed after you have applied it to the entire vehicle. Unlike polish, which you wipe off after each section. I don`t see how wiping off after each section can possibly be as fast as just wiping down after the vehicle is complete. Unless you could wipe down with one arm while continuing to polish with your buffer in the other hand (photos please).

There should be no difference in the amount of marring when removing polish or AIO. The MF towel is more abrasive than a polish or AIO, especially when not properly used
    I wasn`t talking about abrasives. I was talking about wiping a vehicle with no LSP/bare paint (after polishing) or wiping a vehicle with some LSP applied during the process (Speed with Poxy).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gski View Post
    I don`t think you read my post. I understand how you like to do YOUR process.

I`m saying that you (meaning any person) can wait to wipe to car with Speed after you have applied it to the entire vehicle. Unlike polish, which you wipe off after each section. I don`t see how wiping off after each section can possibly be as fast as just wiping down after the vehicle is complete. Unless you could wipe down with one arm while continuing to polish with your buffer in the other hand (photos please).

I wasn`t talking about abrasives. I was talking about wiping a vehicle with no LSP/bare paint (after polishing) or wiping a vehicle with some LSP applied during the process (Speed with Poxy).

I understand your questions

My answers remain the same

Interesting to ask a question and then challenge the answer given. I think you are asking these questions rhetorically

Post Thanks / Like

What to top Speed with?

I agree with Allen. I would never use an AIO and top it. Just use a polish and an LSP. 3Ds spray wax (can`t think of the name) is just no good. Skip it.

If you use a regular polish, it only takes like 15 mins to apply something like Hydro Max if you are in a hurry.

Edit... It`s called HD Express. If you live anywhere near me you can come get my bottle for free.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your questions

My answers remain the same

Interesting to ask a question and then challenge the answer given. I think you are asking these questions rhetorically
    I think you are misusing a word. I asked a theoretical question, not rhetorical. You gave an answer based on your experience, inside the box, without answering my questions. I regret quoting your original post. I see others have answered my question since then.

But sincerely, thanks for your time. It`s good to know more about your methods.

Post Thanks / Like

Try both methods (polish/seal and AIO/seal). See which one befits you more. But I am in agreement with allen about topping an AIO.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point rather than to elicit an answer.[1] Though classically stated as a proper question, such a rhetorical device may be posed declaratively[citation needed] by implying a question, and therefore may not always require a question mark when written. Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct answer, in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest the new Blackfire Spray wax to top Speed.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have topped speed with almost everything I have. Nitroseal, Poxy, HD express ,Reload Prima Hydromaxx and Kamakazie. Right now my favorite is speed/Hdyromaxx then Kamakazie.
    I have found speed plays well with anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I know from Speed, but..

Interesting that so many people aren`t in favor of topping AIOs. I do it all the time as I like AIOs but want more durability (and/or a different look). Guess I like using certain AIOs as Paint Cleaners and even as my Finishing Polish, and in some cases they contribute a lot to the overall look (e.g., Autoglym SRP and 1Z products like Pro MP and WPS which I do consider AIOs).

MFs more abrasive than AIOs?!? Other the the functionally nonabrasive KAIO, my AIOs have some mild abrasives (gotta be a little careful what I use ZAIO on) but my MFs are simply nonabrasive. Rub certain surfaces with (most) AIOs and I get pigment transfer and/or other signs of abrasion; rub them with bare MF and I don`t.
    Likes OneQuickGT1, ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point rather than to elicit an answer.[1] Though classically stated as a proper question, such a rhetorical device may be posed declaratively[citation needed] by implying a question, and therefore may not always require a question mark when written. Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct answer, in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message.
    Hey now, quoting dictionaries is my thing. Quoting wikipedia is pushing the line there.

I don`t get what the big deal is. I mean, I understand if you wouldn`t want to top an AIO (I was actually thinking about trying it one day. Whenever I order some FK1000P) but what`s so wrong with doing it? I`ve seen posts all over about people topping a sealant with a wax. That`s pretty much the same thing? HD Speed is a polish and a sealant, and he wants to top it so, technically, if he were to do the same thing as seperate steps, he`d be doing two steps instead of three.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes jrock645, jimhanus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive. You can use a keyboard and presumably a mouse.

Thanks again. You my friend, are a game changer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    Hey now, quoting dictionaries is my thing. Quoting wikipedia is pushing the line there.

I don`t get what the big deal is. I mean, I understand if you wouldn`t want to top an AIO (I was actually thinking about trying it one day. Whenever I order some FK1000P) but what`s so wrong with doing it? I`ve seen posts all over about people topping a sealant with a wax. That`s pretty much the same thing? HD Speed is a polish and a sealant, and he wants to top it so, technically, if he were to do the same thing as seperate steps, he`d be doing two steps instead of three.
    Pretty much my thought when I read all the uproar. Topping sealant with wax. I don`t see any difference here.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Not that I know from Speed, but..

Interesting that so many people aren`t in favor of topping AIOs. I do it all the time as I like AIOs but want more durability (and/or a different look). Guess I like using certain AIOs as Paint Cleaners and even as my Finishing Polish, and in some cases they contribute a lot to the overall look (e.g., Autoglym SRP and 1Z products like Pro MP and WPS which I do consider AIOs).

MFs more abrasive than AIOs?!? Other the the functionally nonabrasive KAIO, my AIOs have some mild abrasives (gotta be a little careful what I use ZAIO on) but my MFs are simply nonabrasive. Rub certain surfaces with (most) AIOs and I get pigment transfer and/or other signs of abrasion; rub them with bare MF and I don`t.
    I think products like KAIO and KSG are kind of a unique scenario. In that particular case it would make sense, but if your goal is actual paint correction (with an AIO that has mechanical abrasives) and a durable protection, a dedicated polish followed by a dedicated sealant will produce better results.

Considering the durability of an AIO is pretty weak, I have to wonder how well a more durable LSP will perform with such a weak supporting structure below it? Just food for thought.

It really comes down to what you`re trying to achieve, what your client want`s, and what they`re willing to pay for, but for me, an All In One should be just that.
    Likes Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i plan on using speed on my white honda civic soon, anyone know how long the durability is? once speed wears off im going to apply collinite for the winter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information