Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Removing HD Poxy

I have used Poxy for a while. Sometimes ... if I let it set on the car doing the whole car before removing Poxy it gets hard to remove. How would it effect Poxy if I used something like ONR W&W diluted to the 8:1 (detail spray) level. If I light mist the dried poxy, it will make the Poxy easier to remove ... but will that effect the bond / gloss / longevity of the HD Poxy as an LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing HD Poxy

Quote Originally Posted by MRM1 View Post
    I have used Poxy for a while. Sometimes ... if I let it set on the car doing the whole car before removing Poxy it gets hard to remove. How would it effect Poxy if I used something like ONR W&W diluted to the 8:1 (detail spray) level. If I light mist the dried poxy, it will make the Poxy easier to remove ... but will that effect the bond / gloss / longevity of the HD Poxy as an LSP?
    I would recommend using a detail spray from the same family of products (ie: brand) to ensure synergistic chemical compatibility.

In this case I think HD Express would work perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Express is not a detail spray in the typical sense--it is thicker as it is a gloss booster. HD Touch is their detail spray. However, POXY will not be hard to remove if you put it on THIN, THIN, THIN. I do the entire car then easily buff off. You should be able to do an average mid size car with about 12 small drops (and some would say that is too much).

Post Thanks / Like

I guess thats my problem ... using too much. Hard to tell if it is there if I cannot "see" it as it goes on.

So ONR WW might effect Poxy in a negative way??

Post Thanks / Like

Try a gold LC pad with HD Proxy. It will spread forever.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

if I let it set on the car doing the whole car before removing Poxy it gets hard to remove.
    Remember Poxy is supposed to cure for 45 mins. Lay it on the whole car thin, wait the proper time, buff off. Shouldn`t need any assistance from a QD but like pwaug said, if you do need something then try HD touch.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess thats my problem ... using too much. Hard to tell if it is there if I cannot "see" it as it goes on.

So ONR WW might effect Poxy in a negative way??
    I know exactly what you mean--it`s hard to tell if you`ve covered everything when you`re using so little. I use a Buff & Shine red pad to apply Poxy--spreads very well. Can`t say regarding the ONR WW--(you could always send an email to HD Customer Service), but I think you`d be safer with Touch.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem you have to wait 30-45 min before I would only wait 10-15 min so much easier to buff off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver559 View Post
    I had the same problem you have to wait 30-45 min before I would only wait 10-15 min so much easier to buff off!
    Are you saying it is easier to buff off after 30-45 ... OR ... after 10-15??

Post Thanks / Like

The longer wait time the better--I`ve even left it on overnight before buffing off.

BTW--if you top Poxy with HD Express you`ll be amazed at the increase in gloss.

I wouldn`t use the CSS pads as you might get uneven spreading bkz of the dimples. IMO Flat pads work best for spreading LSP (and everything else).

Any of these:

Buff and Shine 5.5 Inch Flat Foam Pads

Buff and Shine Red Foam Wax & Sealant Applicator Pad with Notched Center (2 Pack)

Buff and Shine Red Foam Wax & Sealant Applicator Pad with Tapered Edge (2 Pack)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Try a gold LC pad with HD Proxy. It will spread forever.
    So what do you think for a hand application pad ... These ...
    CCS Gold Soft Jewelling Applicator Pads 2 Pack

Or These ...
    Lake country ccs applicators, wax applicator, sealant applicator

For my PC DA I have 6" LC Yellow, White, Black and Red ... But the 6" pad is a bit large to get in to every area when applying the LSP IMO (at least for me)

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn`t it ironic that this product is spread on really, really, thin, you wait a little time and remove it - yeah, just like Zaino Z2 with the catalyst, of decades ago..
    And Zaino is still out there..

I`m so glad I used a lot of this product way back then - it taught me to really have to learn how to spread really thin coats of the product...
    So thin, even with 15 4-ft shop lights overhead, they were hard to even see..

Had to learn how to "feel" where the last pass was, and where the applicator "dragged" a little more, and that was the new section that was next in line for the product..
    You put it on a total of 3 times, in one 24 hr period and that was all it could take...

Yeah, Zaino School, well worth the cost and the hours learning how to use this incredible product for the time..
    I still have a bag full of little plastic 1-oz bottle with the flip up tip for mixing my own version of the product with their catalyst..
    Dan F
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan -- I don`t have problems applying thin coats of LSP and it never occured to me that all those years applying Zaino really did pay off. I also have a nice collection of those little mixing bottles--work great for mixing DG 105 or 501 with 601 when I use them.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Dan -- I don`t have problems applying thin coats of LSP and it never occured to me that all those years applying Zaino really did pay off. I also have a nice collection of those little mixing bottles--work great for mixing DG 105 or 501 with 601 when I use them.
    Congratulations, Pwaug, please accept your Zaiploma with Honors, from the Company and School that started it ALL !!!!!

Dan F
    Likes pwaug, JVD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did the hood last night. Let Poxy set for 35 minutes. Came off fairly easy. Thanks for the help. Guess I was not letting it set long enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes mnehls86, Ben@3D liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information