Post Thanks / Like

Another - 3D Trim Care Protectant Review! (holiday giveaway)

Hi all. Well I was surprised to see Billy Jack`s review of 3D Trim Care Protectant because it reminded me that I too am a bit late with the Holiday Giveaway review. As coincidence would have it, I also received 3D Trim Care Protectant, so we`ll have two reviews in one day of the same product!

So way back in January, I applied three products to our outdoor-kept work horse SUV`s step. It was badly weathered and in need of some moisture. The products I used were:
    3D Trim Care Protectant - Mother`s Back to Black - Aerospace 303 Protectant. Side-by-side, as shown below:

Why 303? First, I love the stuff. It works SO WELL on so many things, and is super cost effective. Even on some hard plastics, it works. Not here!! Look at that picture - it`s as if I didn`t even apply it. Hence, that`s the reason I didn`t post a "before" picture. Just look at the far right above the 303 trigger, THAT`s "before".

However, both the 3D Trim Care and the Mother`s Back to Black looked good. Here`s another shot below - hard to call a winner just yet.

But wait, there`s more. One GOOD thing about forgetting about this giveaway was, I allowed almost 3 months to elapse before even taking note of the condition of the step. (I don`t use this car). So just today, I ran out and took some photos. Needless to say, I was surprised.

And another shot...

WOW! The Mothers Back to Black was all but GONE, but easily 80% of the original "look" of the 3D Trim Care Protectant is still there. Let me make a point here: This car has been washed maybe twice in three months but has seen a dozen rains. Sure, the step could have used a touch up during that time, so just imagine how nice this would look on an Autopian car!

Hands down, on THIS piece of trim, 3D for the win. Next, I`m trying it on the wiper cowl of my 911 and we`ll see how she holds up there. I generally use B2B on the cowl, so I`ll have a good bit of history to compare to.

I do have one "however". The 3D Trim Care is very thick, like Billy Jack said earlier today. It is the EXACT consistency of glycerin. For that reason, I am not keen on its use on smaller and more "rubbery" trim pieces. I have tried it, and it was a bit of a hassle getting off the nearby paint, and I felt the sheer weight of this dressing was too much in that type of application. For window trim, seals, and gaskets, I`m sticking to 303 and Solution Finish. For large plastic areas, it`s 3D Trim Care!

Thanks for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes The Guz, mnehls86, Ben@3D, tenblade2001 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another - 3D Trim Care Protectant Review! (holiday giveaway)

Nice review. Good long term testing as well.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Blackfire tire and trim?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    The 3D Trim Care is very thick, like Billy Jack said earlier today. It is the EXACT consistency of glycerin.
    So this is a thick silicone oil along the lines of Black Wow? I was hoping it was going to be one of the "sealants" like UTTG, WETS, BTTTS. Those are a lot more fun to apply and remove (residue).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    But wait, there`s more.
    That was a worth a good chuckle. Thanks!

I`m glad you forgot about it, as it did provide "after" that was 3 months later. COOL.

I`m still looking for a trim coating, as the Smartwax (chemical guys) stuff lasted like a day on a fender flare. The one from Wolf`s looked soooo good right after I applied it, but was back to faded within two weeks. Haven`t tried others.

3D Trim just got pushed to the top of the list

Thanks for posting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So this is a thick silicone oil along the lines of Black Wow? I was hoping it was going to be one of the "sealants" like UTTG, WETS, BTTTS. Those are a lot more fun to apply and remove (residue).
    I`d bet money it`s thick silicone oil. Not that there`s anything wrong with that, especially depending on the application.

Post Thanks / Like

I also tried Mother`s BTB, and found it didn`t really do a really good job in the first place and it definitely didn`t last long for what good it did.
    There`s a host of products out there to choose from.
    It was nice to see some side by side comparisons, thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information