Thread: Durability?

Post Thanks / Like

Durability?

Whats the durability of HD Speed and HD Nitro Seal? Is it months or can it last up to a year? If you periodically use HD Express, will it last longer? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durability?

I polished my truck this winter so I could try Pinnacle`s black label coating after a year of nitro seal on my Ram and it had plenty of life left in the Nitro Seal. Didn`t have squat for swirls or defects in it either
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Isewake thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    I polished my truck this winter so I could try Pinnacle`s black label coating after a year of nitro seal on my Ram and it had plenty of life left in the Nitro Seal. Didn`t have squat for swirls or defects in it either
    Thanks. Why did you end up changing and how would you compare the two (pros and cons)?

Post Thanks / Like

The nitro seal for me was a little more work than I cared for to apply. I found it to be a bit of a bear to buff down any high spots. Now there`s others here that have used it and found it to be quite simple, so maybe take my experience worth a grain of salt. I will say it did look great, was very durable, kept our vehicles cleaner between washes, and made washing/drying easy. If you can get the application process down, its a damn fine product.

I can`t quite give you a ton of info on the black label yet as I haven`t had it on that long to mess with it. Application was definitely easier (wipe on, wipe off....along the lines of opti-seal if you`ve used that before) and it looks good. We are just getting out of winter, so I haven`t washed it much yet to really evaluate and obviously I can`t comment on durability since its only been on a few months. A bottle will do several vehicles
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks Isewake thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used NS on several of my clients cars. I`ve had it last about 2 years on one clients vehicle that is black and is outside 24/7. It was first fully corrected with HD polishes so that probably helped with compatibility. The look is killer. I`ve had no issue with application. Use a generous amount of Past A and be sparing with Part B. Let cure for an hour and wipes of easily.

Thread Information