Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed... any abrasives?

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post

We actually use Speed on almost every dealer car that we work on and find that it lasts longer when you leave it to sit on the surface after polishing. It allows the polymers to link up creating a stronger bond. You basically buff the entire car and don`t wipe any of the residue off until the end. Give it a try...
    Perhaps this is why my experience with Speed differs from Mark`s -- I used Speed on hard VW clear with an orange B&S pad -- the finish came out LSP ready -- did not wipe off the Speed panel by panel, but left it on until all polishing was completed (probably 3-4 hours) then buffed it off and applied Poxy the next morning. Poxy lasted just a little over 4 months (and this is before Express was available so it had only an occasional boost with Aquawax.)
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to chime in on this too. I just used speed for the first time on a 2014 Infiniti Q50. Customer wanted an AIO as it was a leased car, and I was very worried about it because it had scratch shield paint. Some of the guys on one of the facebook groups suggested speed with a green b&s pad topped with poxy. This combo KILLED it!!! The car came out beautiful with just 2 section passes and the customer loved it. I let the poxy set up for an hour before I wiped off the excess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great input.. Poxy should arrive tomorrow. As soon as I use up my Poorboys AIO I`m giving Speed a try.

For family and friends the AIOs make sense. I save the extra steps for my cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I have topped speed with a bunch of different products will no problems. I have also topped speed with Nitro Seal it lasted months a the look was awesome. I also like speed topped with prima HydroMaxx or Hydro seal.

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days I`ll need some more (functionally abrasive) AIO, and I`ve been thinking about Speed.

Q: has anybody tried topping it with FK1000P? Gotta work with that for me to consider it and I`m not gonna be a Guinea pig.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody tried topping Speed with OCW ? Sounds like a great product for my one step AIO`s. Just looking for something to add a little more durability without adding much extra work. OCW would fit the bill perfectly if it plays well with Speed.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw someone on AGO mention they topped speed with Nitro Seal for something with longer durability.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    Anybody tried topping Speed with OCW ? Sounds like a great product for my one step AIO`s. Just looking for something to add a little more durability without adding much extra work. OCW would fit the bill perfectly if it plays well with Speed.
    What about HD Express--great look really easy to apply.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information