Post Thanks / Like

3d & hd quick detailers

whats the difference between 3d final touch and hd touch?
    Thanks ww2weaver thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3d & hd quick detailers

Final Touch is technically a quick detailer.....HD Touch is much more versatile and can be used as a waterless wash, rinseless wash, quick detailer, glass cleaner and clay lube.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave I used Touch today on a pretty dirty door. H have to say im not sold on it as a waterless. at least on heavier stuff. but I did use it also on the hood and it was fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

beamerstrumpet - what was your process?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought the door was too soiled for waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

Well JJ isnt that the point? being able to clean with out water? Honestly it works,, I did not use water when I paused. it just gunks up your MF pretty bad and i dont think I want to trash my Microfibers that way.even the lower quality ones. I live in the city but its a rural city, lots of dirt roads and ranches. Most my clients vehicles look like this. However, that dirt was from my daily 140 mile commute. Like I said,, light dirt, like the hood, its awesome and quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, that would be the point. But I personally wouldn`t expect to clean too much dirt with a waterless wash. And like you, I definitely would not want to gunk up my MF towels either, even the cheaper ones.

Oddly enough, I was talking to my gf last night about living in a city that`s got a lot of dirt roads (we were watching that show, True Blood). I told her I would go insane if I had to think about keeping my car clean in that sort of environment! I feel for you with your 140 mile commute, and on those dirt roads!

And man, your hood did look sweet

Post Thanks / Like

LOLOL thanks,,, I think you misunderstood, my 140 is on highway and interstate, thats just the build up of bad weather.. But a lot of the cars I have done have to drive down chert rock and gravel and dirt to get from the main roads to their houses out in the county. One client with a Genisis and a F250 Dulley has to go down dusty gravel, and his drive is concrete,, but the pature is right up to it. another one has neighbors who have dirt and gravel and they spend the weekend racing the dirt bikes and 4 wheelers around kicking up dirt. So I have some job security! LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like

First off, I am an HD fan. Love polish and cut. I got a sample of touch and used it as a waterless on my hood when car was dusty and it worked well. However, I have to say that I just don`t really understand this product, specifically the price point. I didn`t take from the usage instructions that it is a concentrate or can be diluted, but I may be wrong since David`s post above says it can be used as a rinseless. The traditional rinseless is adding product to a couple gallons of water, typically about an oz or two of product with the most common products (114, ONR, DG, etc) and I didn`t see anything in the instructions about how this product can be in used this way either, or what the dilution ratio would be.

For waterless, which seems to be its primary intended use, at $30 per gallon ready to use, (or $25 with the current sale), it is extremely expensive compared to competing products. For example, the new BF waterless concentrate works out to 6 gallons RTU for $25. UWW+ is similar to the BF in pricing. Pinnacle runs about 4 gallons per $25 RTU.

I like the product, but won`t purchase it at 6x the price of BF or UWW+. I might be missing something here, because the HD polishes are a great value, and Touch would be the exception to line that offers excellent products at a reasonable price point.

Thread Information