Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about Interior Protection

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    Yeah I know, my point was you can`t optimumly protect your car so don`t stress over it
    More Car tint would be better solution
    Okay, got ya and completely agree.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I received the following Private Message from a member and thought I would post it here along with my answer. This might help someone else as well.

I truly believe that interior UV protection that many products claim is unsubstantiated hype. I`ve done quite a bit of research over the years and have not discovered any documentation of a interior protection product to actually offer any significant amount of UV protection. And I also feel that if one did actually offer any, that it`s really unnecessary with the way modern interiors are designed & manufacturers. Plus, your interior glass blocks out nearly most of the harmful UV anyways due to glass having a built in solar tint.

When`s the last time you witnessed a plastic and/or leather dash board or trim panel fading? Even on a convertible that isn`t protected by glass. If anything, fabric components such as carpeting, floor mats and back window carpeting are the only parts that can be compromised by heavy UV exposure, but I don`t see any products that are claiming to guard against this?

It`s so convenient for a product company to claim/market their product as having UV blocking ability. It seems that NOBODY ever calls them out on it. And NONE every offer/promote any documentation to support their claims. So, they use this magic buzz word to the fullest to capture more customers.

I also feel that the best way to protect your interior for the long haul is to keep it clean. This means regular wipe downs with either water or a light cleaner to keep the buildup of soiling off. And if you desire something that richens up the sheen or feeling of the components then choose one that isn`t leaving anything that will promote re-soiling. HD Protect does all these things. In fact, it does them very well.
    My C5 z06 drivers side seat, the leather looked like it was fried when I bought it. There`s definitely UV`s rays or something going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got an answer on their facebook page.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i think that UV protection is a feel good Buzz word. anything you apply has UV protection, even water, and oil. What none of the companies share is how much protection and for how long. I`m just waiting for a product like rainX to start claiming that their glass coating offer UV protection

Talking about UV protection always makes me think about chapstick. back in the day it was just chapstick plain and simple. now if you look at chapstick original it has 4 spf. so they didn`t change the formula, got it tested and bam 4spf to compete with all the other brands.

UV protection claims are a joke. until they start telling me how long the UV lasts and how much protection i actually get, like sunscreen, i won`t believe it.

If you`re worried about your dash cover it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonRC View Post
    i think that UV protection is a feel good Buzz word. anything you apply has UV protection, even water, and oil. What none of the companies share is how much protection and for how long. I`m just waiting for a product like rainX to start claiming that their glass coating offer UV protection

Talking about UV protection always makes me think about chapstick. back in the day it was just chapstick plain and simple. now if you look at chapstick original it has 4 spf. so they didn`t change the formula, got it tested and bam 4spf to compete with all the other brands.

UV protection claims are a joke. until they start telling me how long the UV lasts and how much protection i actually get, like sunscreen, i won`t believe it.

If you`re worried about your dash cover it.
    To take this in another direction. What about those that own convertibles in states that have high levels of UV (CA, FL, etc..)?

Plus it`s good to have clarification as to what the product offers. There was a lot of misinformation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Finally got an answer on their facebook page.

Hi Michael - Im going to stand by my initial statement that HD Protect does NOT contain UV protection despite what any other person has told you. I not only wrote the description to the product that appears on the 3D/HD website & label, but also helped develop this and many of the other products in the HD line. If it had true UV protection I would certainly have known about it and added it to the description. At the end of the day, I think it would be in everyones best interest to not rely on the notion that ANY interior protectant can provide ANY substantial amount of blocking/protection against UV rays. What affects your interior components the most isnt the sun, but the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    No sir. No UV protection advertised in HD Protect.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Oldfordisbetter, rookiez liked this post
    Thanks Oldfordisbetter thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Then the video is misleading about the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally not intentional, but I can see how it would be confusing. Ill make sure that this gets addressed so everyone is on the same page.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes The Guz, RDKC liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. Then the video is misleading about the product.
    And thank YOU for following up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information