Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT) Explained

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    SVR (Matt) - I`m going to forward your questions to the folks at 3D as I`m not 100% sure on some of the answers. Tunch is in China right now so don`t know how quick he`ll be able to respond, but please stay tuned. Your questions are excellent!!
    Cheers David, no rush but Im certainly very keen to test it

I haven`t tested any new polishes for five years since switching to what Im using now which luckily I pay just over cost price for but I would like to try the new AAT`s

Here is a comparison on my car of what I could achieve by rotary in the mid 2000`s via rotary with Menzerna IP91L, PO106FF and PO85RD with the worlds best foams and then what I achieved with the polishes I use now (since 2010) which was performed in 2012 I believe and still looks close to that now

by the way I`ve changed the wheels since then
    This is factory paint (PPG galaxy blue mica) on 1998 Ford Falcon Tickford XR6 Sedan (made 1800 of these)

menzerna.jpgnew polish.jpgpolish 2.jpg]
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like

So this product is still in the developmental stage? I`m assuming the fact that you can`t tell us what it is that it isn`t on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by SVR View Post
    I can`t say what brand unfortunately lets just say most have never heard of it. Their not in the business of being Meguiars

No it`s not unbeatable totally as it does struggle a little on the heaviest of marks on hard paint due to the rolling abrasives but it`s far safer and is a progressive cut not a rip and hack at the paint like most of it`s competitors and it`s far more advanced

It`s definately one of the leaders for sure.

its USA made but from euro and Jap abrasives but their not off the shelf abrasives though and the formula is all new and is like water not a cream with no need for disodium EDTA (anti coaggulant used to hold solvent and water formula`s together in personal care products and some polishes) or other solvents either

The difference is in the fact that it wasn`t made for a price, it took millions to develop two of the polishes and their not interested in making products for cheap or to a set price like the masses are.
    It costs heaps more to produce
    and it never needs shaking, suspension of all ingredients is amazing.

Mothers tried to copy it a few years ago and failed
    Their new Pro line is the closest thing to it but still suffers the same problems that plagues most - the same old formulation with better abrasive technology.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    So this product is still in the developmental stage? I`m assuming the fact that you can`t tell us what it is that it isn`t on the market.
    developed, waiting on an ingredient to start production

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryansbestwax View Post
    He was talking about the products SVR uses.

Post Thanks / Like

SVR is raising a ton of questions here not just about the new AAT compound/polish but as to what the heck he`s talking about. Please keep in mind I`m not trying to bash... It just seems kinda odd to me how you are talking about these products you use while withholding basically all information about them.

Such a secretive product that its "one of the leaders" while "most have never heard of it." Don`t quite understand how that works.

How is a product that is so secretive yet "took millions to develop" being marketed and sold? From a business standpoint this is a losing battle. Let`s make an amazing top of the line product that`s revolutionary and very expensive to create, then not tell anyone about it... Many of us here run a business and could imagine spending a fortune to buy supplies and invest time, but not marketing AT ALL. Not gonna get very far. I could understand if you didn`t say "haven`t tested any new polishes for five years since switching to what I`m using now." That`s an awful long time to spend millions on developing a product and its not publicly available after 5 years. And then on top of that you "pay just over cost" for this nameless product. Where`s the return on investment? Spend millions developing while not making very much in return? Who is funding this? It just doesn`t add up.

Again please don`t think of me as bashing or calling you a liar. Just bringing up some of the questions I`m having in regards to this mystery product you can`t seem to tell anyone what it is. Its just that the way you`re talking about these products you`re using makes me question weather or not they actually exist at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I wasn`t the only one wondering what`s up?

Quote Originally Posted by bryansbestwax View Post
    Is that money or unobtanium?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    SVR is raising a ton of questions here not just about the new AAT compound/polish but as to what the heck he`s talking about. Please keep in mind I`m not trying to bash... It just seems kinda odd to me how you are talking about these products you use while withholding basically all information about them.

Such a secretive product that its "one of the leaders" while "most have never heard of it." Don`t quite understand how that works.

How is a product that is so secretive yet "took millions to develop" being marketed and sold? From a business standpoint this is a losing battle. Let`s make an amazing top of the line product that`s revolutionary and very expensive to create, then not tell anyone about it... Many of us here run a business and could imagine spending a fortune to buy supplies and invest time, but not marketing AT ALL. Not gonna get very far. I could understand if you didn`t say "haven`t tested any new polishes for five years since switching to what I`m using now." That`s an awful long time to spend millions on developing a product and its not publicly available after 5 years. And then on top of that you "pay just over cost" for this nameless product. Where`s the return on investment? Spend millions developing while not making very much in return? Who is funding this? It just doesn`t add up.

Again please don`t think of me as bashing or calling you a liar. Just bringing up some of the questions I`m having in regards to this mystery product you can`t seem to tell anyone what it is. Its just that the way you`re talking about these products you`re using makes me question weather or not they actually exist at all.

I think it`s safe to say that he`s referring to Xpert Polishes, no surprise there.
    Likes Woody Wax, blackcats liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

One of them has been on the market for ten years, plenty of people use it, it`s being used all over Korea and in heaps of shops in China right now

The detailing market there is huge, south east asia in particular

Anyhow the company really don`t seem to know how to market it or maybe they dont want to spend the money required to sell the amounts necessary.
    Im not involved with them anymore than just buying their polishes and get a great price deal as there is my shop in Australia and five other shops owned by a friend in the USA owns that use it exclusively so together we get a better deal with one bulk order
    The last two polishes have been out for five years and their my favourites as their a more advanced formula so like water rather than a thick cream

anyone can pm me for info about these.
    I didnt mention them initially not because I want to not tell you all but this is 3D`s place and I only mentioned that I use a different brand of fine polishes to get my point across about needing a better compound and what Im looking for in a polish line

I am trying to respect 3D and their part of the forum here on Autopia by not plastering photos and names of competing products all over it, that`s a bit rude dont you think??

Everyone has to use what they like, we all like polishes for different reasons

looking forward to getting some answers from Tunch in due time.
    I dont try a product and if I like it just use it because of that, I need to know that Im using a product who`s formula is not like most brands out there which is to be honest very very old and not kind to paintwork at all or end users

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt mention them initially not because I want to not tell you all but this is 3D`s place and I only mentioned that I use a different brand of fine polishes to get my point across about needing a better compound

Am trying to respect 3D and their part of the forum here on Autopia by not plastering photos and names of competing producst on their site, that`s a bit rude dont you think?
    Thank you for clarifying. I hope I didn`t offend you as that was not my intent. I totally understand your reasoning here.

Back on topic... Any word on when the new AAT products will be available for purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt mention them initially not because I want to not tell you all but this is 3D`s place and I only mentioned that I use a different brand of fine polishes to get my point across about needing a better compound and what Im looking for in a polish line

I am trying to respect 3D and their part of the forum here on Autopia by not plastering photos and names of competing products all over it, that`s a bit rude dont you think??

Everyone has to use what they like, we all like polishes for different reasons ...
    I could respect that.

Post Thanks / Like

3D hasn`t owned this forum since November, and it was my understanding that even when 3D owned it, it was an open forum, as it was under the previous ownership, except when periodically DavidB would change his ideas about how the forum should be supported. The current owner (PBMG) has pledged to maintain this as an open forum, so I`m not sure really who you`re trying to protect/respect.
    Last edited by Setec Astronomy; 03-06-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT) Explained

I can`t say what brand unfortunately lets just say most have never heard of it. Their not in the business of being Meguiars

No it`s not unbeatable totally as it does struggle a little on the heaviest of marks on hard paint due to the rolling abrasives but it`s far safer and is a progressive cut not a rip and hack at the paint like most of it`s competitors and it`s far more advanced

It`s definately one of the leaders for sure.

its USA made but from euro and Jap abrasives but their not off the shelf abrasives though and the formula is all new and is like water not a cream with no need for disodium EDTA (anti coaggulant used to hold solvent and water formula`s together in personal care products and some polishes) or other solvents either

The difference is in the fact that it wasn`t made for a price, it took millions to develop two of the polishes and their not interested in making products for cheap or to a set price like the masses are.
    It costs heaps more to produce
    and it never needs shaking, suspension of all ingredients is amazing.

Mothers tried to copy it a few years ago and failed
    Their new Pro line is the closest thing to it but still suffers the same problems that plagues most - the same old formulation with better abrasive technology.
    This post is BS. I can`t say what brand? BS. You can say any brand here. Millions to develop - with some but not interested in "setting prices" - WTF does that that mean?

Rolling abrasives??? Euro & "Jap" abrasives - BS.

EDTA - not even close.

"Rip and hack" - what is that?

Nonsense mystery products?

Mothers tried to copy it ????

BS.
    Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000, blackcats liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    This post is BS. I can`t say what brand? BS. You can say any brand here. Millions to develop - with some but not interested in "setting prices" - WTF does that that mean?

Rolling abrasives??? Euro & "Jap" abrasives - BS.

EDTA - not even close.

"Rip and hack" - what is that?

Nonsense mystery products?

Mothers tried to copy it ????

BS.
    Sorry but your incorrect.
    Of course Japan and Europe have abrasives, why would you think not. Kovax`s sand paper abrasives are from Japan
    Japanese polishes contain SMAT and DAT and there is a difference in size and shape of abrasives in polishes too.

everything i wrote their is from my own experience of 22 years and the chemist who made these is my mentor as he has 45 years of detailing and chemical real world knowledge and experience and he told me this

mothers pro line polishes are their attempt to copy it, you can ask my friend in melbourne who uses both brands. he know

anyhow Im just going to wait for my answers from Tunch and then buy some AAT. Have too many cars booked in to sit on here answering questions or responding to comments like yours.
    Dislikes rlmccarty2000, blackcats disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT) Explained

Sorry but your incorrect.
    Of course Japan and Europe have abrasives, why would you think not. Kovax`s sand paper abrasives are from Japan
    Japanese polishes contain SMAT and DAT and there is a difference in size and shape of abrasives in polishes too.

everything i wrote their is from my own experience of 22 years and the chemist who made these is my mentor as he has 45 years of detailing and chemical real world knowledge and experience and he told me this

mothers pro line polishes are their attempt to copy it, you can ask my friend in melbourne who uses both brands. he know

anyhow Im just going to wait for my answers from Tunch and then buy some AAT. Have too many cars booked in to sit on here answering questions or responding to comments like yours.
    I realize my response was harsh and abrasive. I`m sorry for that. I like that the tone of this forum is friendly - and I came off like an A-hole.

I came off badly, but I still think the post is crap. I don`t believe in "special abrasives" from the UK, EU, Japan, Timbuktu, or the Moon. A lot of polishes contain SMAT and DAT. Rupes being the one that comes to mind. Special Italian abrasives? I like Optimum polishes as well - special American abrasives I guess.

I`ve used Mothers Professional line. Quite frankly, I don`t see how they were unsuccessfully trying to copy anyone. They are just regular polishes.

I`m sure your guy is knowledgeable and does have 45 years experience. You don`t think people from Menzerna, Sonax, Meguiars, and Optimum have many years of experience? I don`t believe in magic potions or polishes anymore. Sorry.

All this being said, I don`t buy into the new HD polishes either. Quite frankly - I`m sure they are good. But who is to say they are any better than the bunch of polishes I already have on my shelf???
    Likes Stokdgs, Thomas Dekany liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SVR, I can understand you not wanting to start a topic about this product in 3D`s sub-forum. That`s just good manners. That said throwing claims out about some mystery product in the middle of one of 3D`s threads that in essence leads readers to believe there are merits in this product`s superiority and then not being willing to name it does little to boost credibility. If you wish to go down the road you started, do it right and start a thread with this product as a topic, if you don`t want to talk about it then perhaps it`s wise to not to mention it at all. Let`s leave what`s left of this thread to discuss the topic at hand and that`s 3D`s product.

My appologies to David for this thread getting side tracked.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Junebug, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information