Post Thanks / Like

HD products for a BMW?

I was wondering if HD cut and HD Polish with a coat of Poxy be a good combo for a BMW. I knew that they are notorious for hard paint but I wasn`t sure if these products are strong enough for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD products for a BMW?

Yep. That would be an excellent combo. I`ve worked through some rock hard paints with CUT.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Likes ZBoyd96 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, I was looking at Menzerna but they`re quite expensive and I knew this stuff was pretty amazing so i`m gonna go with this, thanks for the help!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZBoyd96 View Post
    I was wondering if HD cut and HD Polish with a coat of Poxy be a good combo for a BMW. I knew that they are notorious for hard paint but I wasn`t sure if these products are strong enough for it.
    Depends on what color the paint is and what condition the paint is..
    Then, what equipment, size and type of pads you are using.
    Lastly, what is your experience level and exactly what are you trying to accomplish - what level of clarity in the paint are you going for ?
    Dan F
    Likes Ecrissman, Ronkh, ZBoyd96 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure of the color code sadly I do know it`s an `03 325i that`s dark metallic blue, I would say the paint condition isn`t god awful by any means but it doesn`t have a few swirls and a little bit of marring. See here: 2003 BMW 325i - Album on Imgur

Currently I have a HF 6.5 in. polisher with a 5 in. backing plate, I have Lake county flat pads 1 yellow, 1 black, 2 orange, 2 white.

I don`t much experience actually using a machine as I just got one last week, but I have done several hours of research, and as of what i`m trying to accomplish, right now just a great improvement in the paint, not perfect by any means but preferably most of the swirls if not all, there is some marring so hopefully all of that and mostly just restore the depth and color of the car itself.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Cut >> HD Polish ftw!

I would suggest picking up a Micro Fiber cutting pad if possible too. They really make the correction job much easier, but I don`t see your yellow/orange giving you issues though.

Remember....don`t prime your pad for either products. Just 4-5 small drops is all you need. Clean your pad regularly.

Please keep us posted how things work out or if you need additional assistance.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, thanks! I`ll look into the microfiber pads, I don`t know if my paint is horrible enough for them though since I know they tend to have extra cutting power. However I do have super hard paint so I may need them.

Thread Information