Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed and HD Poxy review

Arrival and opening pictures.

My review of HD Speed and HD Proxy. I must say I was SURPRISED with the results I got.
    A little about me, I still have my Meguiars PC 7335. Back then Meguiars sent print catalogs that you ordered out of, nuff said.

I’m always skeptical of products I’m unfamiliar with or haven’t used in the past. I’m pretty old school; I had my stint with boutique products in the past and have been disappointed time and time again. These HD products were part of the giveaway so my only loss would be of my time. The car is my daily driver, color Alpine White III. I know many think uggh how boring white paint, not much depth, reflectivity, not a very exciting color. Maybe so, but when done correctly white paint has its own rewarding qualities.
    I have never used what I consider an All In One product on this car (or any). I have always used a multi step (machine) process. I like the results, I don’t do production work and the handful of customer’s cars I do in a year come from word of mouth and understand I’m not in a hurry.
    Despite a very good finish to start with, I hadn’t washed or detailed the exterior in 2 weeks due to laziness and bad weather here in western PA. I had some imbedded fallout, aka rust spots and some minor scratching when the dealer “did me a favor” and washed the car when it was in for service. I was surprised at the contaminated paint because I believed I have been using one of the better protection products on the car. Usually I would clay or IronX but the winter weekends are long so I decided to run the HD products through the gamut.

First some pictures after properly washed, contaminates are clearly visible. I did not use IronX or Clay the car. I wanted to see what results I could get from HD Speed.

Because I am unfamiliar with the product I started with a LC flat black pad. As expected with 4.5 speed setting on a Flex XC3401 it took some time but the contaminates were removed. At this point I felt comfortable enough to move onto a more aggressive pad.

After getting a feel for HD Speed I stepped up to a LC white CCS pad with the same Flex XC3401 set at 4.5 speed. The product and pad just cut through the contaminates very quickly. This product behaves like a diminishing abrasive polish. Spread evening across the surface then start working it in. You can feel it breaking down though the machine and see how the paint surface becomes refined. Although somewhat of a miss use it quickly removed the embedded contaminates.

HD speed has a long work time, and very good lite correction and cleaning results. I was actually very surprised at the result for using a semi aggressive pad and how well it finished out. This will be a product that I will use in the future and once my free sample is empty will reorder. Extremely please with the ease of application and removal. I would highly recommend. Does not stain trim.

After cleaning and correcting the paint I moved on to 3D Proxy as my LSP. Applied with a LC CCS blue pad at a speed setting of 2 using a Flex XC3401.

HD Proxy goes on smooth, works into the finish flawlessly. I worked the entire car and allowed to cure for 30 to 45 minutes. Product wipes off effortlessly, produced very good shine and reflectivity on my white finish. Longevity is unknown at this point. Considering the harsh salt used to treat our roads I’m looking forward to see how well HD Proxy holds up.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed and HD Poxy review

First off, love your beautiful Oak front door !
    Second, love the old world concrete treatment !

Beautiful work on an equally beautiful BMW 3Series !
    That color just pops !

At that rate, when it`s sunny again, you will be blinding people with it..

I like that the color white in all its variations is making a huge comeback as far as I can see..

Loved the review - thanks for all the work that went into making it happen for us..
    Dan F
    Likes Ecrissman, David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Great garage! Great everything!

I`m really glad you enjoyed HD Speed & Poxy! They`re a great duo for sure. There`s enough Speed in that bottle to do probably 20-30 cars and probably triple that with Poxy.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Ecrissman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

nice review. HD Speed is a very nice product

Post Thanks / Like

I am really impressed with both products. I`ve switched my weekly maintenance routine to use HDspeed. After a wash it`s so quick to run a coat over the whole car in minutes. It removes any light contamination and leaves a protective coating. When I feel the need (or just want to spend some more time in the garage) I put down a coating of HD poxy.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Glad you liked that combo, HD Speed and HD Poxy are customer favorites. Excellent review and photos.
    Likes Ecrissman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Throw in some ADAPT and you got all but the worst defects covered! Adapt is great,, Speed is my goto one step, Poxy is very long lasting,, next time let it sit overnight for the best possible results. It will still wipe off easy. Cut is amazing as well. Living in TX I choose HD for its long work time and zero dusting!
    Likes Alyssa3D liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few curing and topper questions......

Should Both HD Speed and Poxy be left on at least an hour to cure? or just the Poxy?

If topping with a carnauba what`s the suggested wait time for Poxy and Speed?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the bottle says to let poxy sit for 30-45 minutes before wiping off. Speed I`m not sure about, I`ve never used it. Hopefully somebody else can provide some input on this as I am also curious. As far as topping with a carnauba I would imagine at least 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a tip awhile ago from David fermani....I apply Speed to the whole car and then go back around and buff it off. Works great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the great review with lots of pix , don t have any of their products but might have some on a future order !
    2005 Smoke Met M/T SE R Altima . Ft 06 350Z EBC Ft RedStuff Pads/EBC rotors , Rr 06 350Z swap/EBC rotors , H&R Lowered Springs , LiquiMoly motor oil/Wix Filter , RP MaxATF psf , Motul Brake/Clutch Fluids , Pennzoil Synth Gear Oil , Wix Cab Filter , Interstate Battery , Michelin Pilot A/S Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Great review! Great garage! Great everything!

I`m really glad you enjoyed HD Speed & Poxy! They`re a great duo for sure. There`s enough Speed in that bottle to do probably 20-30 cars and probably triple that with Poxy.
    20 cars with one bottle? I must use way too much. I always use plenty and never have dusting issues. With polish I skimp and have dusting problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a exotic dancer pole in the last picture. you lucky dog!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Got a tip awhile ago from David fermani....I apply Speed to the whole car and then go back around and buff it off. Works great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Exactly how I do it. Works great.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, sure is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information