Post Thanks / Like

Initial Thoughts: HD Express & 3D Final Touch

These are just my initial thoughts on HD Express & 3D Final Touch. I will have a better more in depth review coming once it warms up a little here.

~
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial Thoughts: HD Express & 3D Final Touch

Nice video and it was cold !

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Good video Troy. I can`t wait to see the Final Touch vs FK425.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. I got the sample of Expess also. Even though I was able to work in my garage and heat it up but that took a while to get it to 65. I also had the same problem with the smearing and attributed it to the car being on the cold side and also me applying it way too heavy. Since it was so thich I opted to work it around with a microfiber applicator. I think I used about twice as much as I needed to but think I have that problem with all the detailing products I use. I am going to let my friend use it and see what he thinks.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review video! Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to your thoughts on the comparisons you mentioned also.

As just a helpful suggestion, try spraying Express onto a short napped towel (fold into 4ths) and spreading onto the surface and then buffing off with 2nd towel. I tend to get streaking when applying the product directly to the surface. This might help you moving forward.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes rwright, Detail Impressions liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Nice video and it was cold !
    Thanks Al. I have found the cold weather is a good test of a product at times as far as extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Good video Troy. I can`t wait to see the Final Touch vs FK425.
    Thank You. It seams like when trying a new QD I always need to test it against FK425 since it seems to be my go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Nice video. I got the sample of Expess also. Even though I was able to work in my garage and heat it up but that took a while to get it to 65. I also had the same problem with the smearing and attributed it to the car being on the cold side and also me applying it way too heavy. Since it was so thich I opted to work it around with a microfiber applicator. I think I used about twice as much as I needed to but think I have that problem with all the detailing products I use. I am going to let my friend use it and see what he thinks.
    I figured the "smear" was due to the extreme cold not making the product flash quickly. I have had this happen with other product in cold temps. It never bothers me as it is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Excellent review video! Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to your thoughts on the comparisons you mentioned also.

As just a helpful suggestion, try spraying Express onto a short napped towel (fold into 4ths) and spreading onto the surface and then buffing off with 2nd towel. I tend to get streaking when applying the product directly to the surface. This might help you moving forward.
    Thanks David.

I will try the spray on towel & buff method you suggest. I know that usually works on other products as well, but sometimes I`m lazy and simply spray and buff so I don`t have to use multiple towels. (I like to hold the bottle in one hand and my towel in the other.)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video! If you watch it again you will see that the amount of HD Express you used was enough to do the whole hood of your car. It spreads like Poxy so very little goes a long way. The first time I used this stuff I sprayed a door about 4 times and thought I would never remove all the residue! After that each panel got 1-2 sprays only. I love using it after HD Speed. Thanks for the video and the info about 3D final touch which I haven`t used yet.

- Richard
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Troy. True detailing devotion in temps of in the 30`s
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I also used too much the first time I tried Express. After one or two sprays per panel I`ve been spreading Express with a B&S red foam hand applicator then buff off with a MF-much easier--surprisingly impressed with the gloss boost.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Dellinger, David Fermani, rwright liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    I also used too much the first time I tried Express. After one or two sprays per panel I`ve been spreading Express with a B&S red foam hand applicator then buff off with a MF-much easier--surprisingly impressed with the gloss boost.
    I do the same as pwaug... red B&S hand foam applicator, wipe on quick, wipe off immediately with 500gsm MF towel. 1- 2 sprays to prime applicator... maybe 1 spray/ squirt every 2 panels. Stuff just spreads and spreads and spreads (like Poxy).

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on this Troy? I`ve been looking for a new quick detailer and the Final Touch sounds really good.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I have been using and testing Express and FinalTouch some more this spring. And here are more of my findings.

HD Express

• That chemical smell is strong. So strong I can smell it on my hand hours later.
    • If you spray a short nap MF towel and apply it, then flip and buff it works well. But I also found if you let it "haze" for a a minute or so it is even easier to remove.
    • The look is dark and deep
    • Almost looks like a pool of black ink on my black truck.
    • Durabilty is still TBD. But for the work involved I would hope for 3+ months similar to Opti Carwax.

3D FinalTouch
    • I love the scent. Makes me want to use it more.
    • Compared to FK425 it seems a little "thin" when applying it and spreading it out. Not a bad thing just a note
    • Right after application FK425 felt slicker and even silkier. But after and hour FinalTouch felt slicker. I would chalk that up to curing?
    • It is a little finicky in less than ideal conditions where FK425 stays more neutral.
    • If you gave me both blindfolded with no scent it would be difficult to tell them apart.
    • On price alone FinalTouch wins. But I still love FK425. It might be hard for me to ever give it up.

Thread Information